Talk

Advanced search

Refreshing hair colour, toners etc.

(8 Posts)
Maugrim Mon 06-Nov-17 20:33:55

Does anyone know a good at home toner that refreshes colour but isn’t too drastic. My internet search led me to some lovely stuff by an American company, Madison Reed. However not available in the UK.

I have arm brown hair with some ash highlights and flamboyage. I want to tone down the brassyness and add some shine. I only had it done two weeks ago and it’s already fading, don’t have ££ to keep going back to the salon!

Maugrim Tue 07-Nov-17 13:14:40

Bump

Dustbunny1900 Tue 07-Nov-17 15:30:49

You’ve tried purple shampoo already??
Wella Color Charm is my go-to toner. It’s one of the best toners I’ve found. If you don’t have a hair salon warehouse near, try online.

Maugrim Wed 08-Nov-17 20:59:16

Thank you dustbunny

blueberrymojito Wed 08-Nov-17 21:04:16

Fudge purple shampoo works a treat!

Hubblebubble64 Wed 08-Nov-17 21:29:29

Hairdresser here, make sure when buying your toner that after the first number you see .1 this is for ash .3 is for gold. With purple shampoo I find the more you pay the better the results. Also with purple shampoo leave it in after washing for a couple of minutes.

Maugrim Wed 08-Nov-17 22:08:36

Thank you.
I got in touch with the salon and they have suggested I come back in. I feel really nervous though, like they think I’m just being fussy.
However at work no one has even noticed my hair has changed, it faded that quickly. I’m back to having too many highlights in a blocky yellow brassy tone in my fringe and the rest is fading......

goldinthemtherestars Wed 08-Nov-17 22:21:49

Brassy blonde highlights used to be a real problem for my hair which naturally seems to have a lot of reddish tones. No matter how light I asked them to go, and always stressing ash blonde, leave it on long enough to lift past the yellow stage etc, they never turned out how I hoped.

Then I discovered Aveda Blue Malva shampoo and conditioner. They are expensive but well worth the extra cost because they really make a difference, and have rescued my hair ever since and yes, they are purple. They tone my hair beautifully and smell lovely too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now