Talk

Advanced search

Deodrant stains on knitwear

(11 Posts)
jenandjess Mon 06-Nov-17 16:46:24

Is there any way go remove white deodrant underarm marks from knitwear? I’ve a couple of nice Jaegar wool/cashmere sweaters which will have to see the bin if I can’t get the stains out ... and they’re only a couple of years okd so have plenty of wear left in them.

Thanks!

jenandjess Mon 06-Nov-17 22:11:57

Bumping.

TracyBeakerSoYeah Tue 07-Nov-17 02:32:46

Vodka is your friend.
I have a small spray bottle (the type you decant your lotions & potions into when you go on holiday) filled with vodka.
Spray a small amount on the stain, then wash clothing as normal. Though I recommend spraying a small area to try it first.
Vodka is also good for getting stale sweat smells out of polyester tops too.
I got this advice on MN years ago.

jenandjess Tue 07-Nov-17 07:45:34

Crikey! That’s easy ... will try it later on one of them. Thank you!

TracyBeakerSoYeah Tue 07-Nov-17 15:17:47

Thanks but do try a small area first or the least favourite jumper, as I'd be mortified if it completely ruined it.

jenandjess Tue 07-Nov-17 17:18:19

Have done two sweaters ... was rather generous with the vodka (think a small bowl and dipping stsined areas in!) so will see how they look dry. Neither were really bad but I could see a hint of a stain, especially on the black one. Both survived the wash and colour intact!

Ofthread Tue 07-Nov-17 20:03:07

I use Vichy roll on deodorant now, no marks and it's a really good deodorant. I found the sticks and sprays, even 'no marks' ones, always leave marks.

TracyBeakerSoYeah Tue 07-Nov-17 20:59:28

Phew thank goodness for that Jen, I had visions of doll sized cashmere!
Let us know the end result.

And Oft I've heard Vichy Deo is good. How much is it & how long does the bottle last?

jenandjess Tue 07-Nov-17 21:12:23

Lol, it’s all fine!! Thank you for the tip!

Of, I’m too impatient (and cold in the mornings) to stand flapping my arms arpund waiting for a roll-on to dry. Now, if you were to tell me that it dries instantly ... well, that would be another story!

Ofthread Tue 07-Nov-17 21:54:15

I think it’s about £9 and I use about 2 per year. Tip - I blast my armpits with the hairdryer to dry it!

jenandjess Tue 07-Nov-17 22:21:02

😂😂 Love that idea! I might just give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now