Talk

Advanced search

knee length jumper dress for funeral?

(10 Posts)
poppym12 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:49:28

Would this be ok? I have a lot of black clothing but mostly its lighter weight fabrics so not suitable for the current nip in the air, or jeans, tshirts and jumpers which aren't suitable at all.

Trailedanderror Mon 06-Nov-17 12:51:22

Sounds fine. I'm sorry for your loss. flowers

poppym12 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:57:36

Thank you.
I have a plain maxi dress too. It's sleeveless but heavy jersey so might be ok with a jacket over it?
Just realised I don't have any shoes. I've got plenty black boots, sandals, pumps, trainers but no shoes. I'm such a scruffy bugger.

Happinezz Mon 06-Nov-17 12:58:15

Sorry to hear that you have a funeral to attend - flowers .
Re. the jumper dress- it makes sense to keep warm, but what colour is it? - the most important things about funeral attire seems to be the colour code (eg. is it black?).
Also, it depends on what you're thinking of wearing it with. Personally, I'd wear a jumper dress with thick black tights, (just so I don't look like I'm wearing a jumper and forgot to put on a skirt! grin). Also, I think you could pretty much wear anything, as long as your footwear is smart (eg. black shoes/heels).

Happinezz Mon 06-Nov-17 13:02:08

black boots would work! smile

poppym12 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:17:13

It's mid/dark grey so not ideal. Off to rummage through the rails again.

wellhonestly Mon 06-Nov-17 13:20:13

Mid/ dark grey is fine for a funeral, unless perhaps you are very close family. Black tights black boots.

iseenodust Mon 06-Nov-17 15:20:26

Dark grey is fine for a funeral. Ditto black boots unless seriously grungy.

AnaWinter Mon 06-Nov-17 16:37:30

It will be fine with black tights. It doesn’t need to black. Dark clothes are fine. Presumably you will be wearing a coat over it.

Trailedanderror Mon 06-Nov-17 16:42:45

As an aside I went to a funeral recently where all the guests wore grey/ black somber and the immediate family wore glamorous and bright. It was really lovely, I didn't notice anyone 'wrongly' dressed but no one would have stood out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now