Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Phillips lumea - which one?

(5 Posts)
Goosegettingfat Mon 06-Nov-17 00:23:26

I have decided to take the plunge and invest. Any wise words about which model I need? I can see some older ones aren’t cordless but other than that I can’t see a great deal of difference between models, despite large price differences. Help appreciated!

ellephant Mon 06-Nov-17 00:53:55

No advice on the lumea, but I bought smooth skin gold, which is the same type of ipl machine and it works a treat. After about 6/7 weeks the hair on my legs wasn’t growing anymore. Need to keep it up as and when necessary otherwise the hairs would start to come back, but a worthwhile investment. I personally wouldn’t go for a cordless ipl as I’m not sure they’re as powerful?

pinkingshears Mon 06-Nov-17 09:30:42

ellephant*
*is it painful?
I have a LOT of chin bristles now which I shave but it needs doing twice a day. I am desperate to get it sorted but live very rurally so regular salon not possible.
bristles are a mix of reddish (odd) and dark and a few clear ones.

Haffiana Mon 06-Nov-17 18:18:09

Get the best corded one. Cordless have problems if you do not regularly charge - search for threads on here about that.

Personally I don't bother with the attachments as they just make the whole process longer and more fiddly!

I have the Lumea SC1997/00. MN not accepting posts with Amazon links atm, so you will have to google it!

ellephant Thu 09-Nov-17 00:32:33

Pink no it’s not painful as such, you can feel it; it’s not exactly a comfortable sensation but it’s a small price to pay for the results.** Imagine a rubber band being pinged on your skin - I know that’s how these things are always described but it really is the closest comparison! It’s got a gentle mode setting that makes it much less painful so you can use that to start with until you get a bit braver with it.** It should definitely work on the darker/red hairs but not so sure about the finer ones, they might need waxing? Hope that helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now