Talk

Advanced search

If you have thread veins/spider veins?

(6 Posts)
blueberrymojito Sun 05-Nov-17 23:14:32

What age did you get them?

I’m late twenties and have just recently started to notice spider veins developing around my ankles/calves. I’m slim and healthy and always had decent looking legs.

Please tell me I’m not alone and this is normal?

PurpleYam Sun 05-Nov-17 23:24:35

As far back as I can remember (adulthood, not childhood) I've always had a very short one on one thigh. I don't know when it appeared.

I started getting fine thread veins around my ankles in my early 20s. In my late 20s I suddenly realised that new veins always appeared after I'd had my legs waxed. I stopped waxing my legs - no more new veins, not even when my weight changed, not even with pregnancy. I had my legs waxed for the first time in ten years - new thread veins appeared.

blueberrymojito Mon 06-Nov-17 07:58:01

Interesting purpleyam, I don’t wax my legs so I can’t relate it to anything like that.

I do have a job where I don’t sit down often so perhaps it’s that..I’ve been trying to elevate my legs when I can and if I can prevent them getting much worse I can cope with it. I can just see myself with old granny legs by the time I go on my honeymoon in six months time!

Anyone else have any experience?

Therealslimshady1 Mon 06-Nov-17 08:00:11

I get them, have been since my 20s, only now (age 45) are they getting worse.

Think it is genetic/hormonal?

silkpyjamasallday Mon 06-Nov-17 08:26:44

I've had them on the bottom of my thigh towards the back of my knee and down the outside of my calf on one leg for as long as I remember, I'm in my early twenties now. I hate them so much even though they aren't too noticeable unless I stretch the skin. I'm planning on getting them lazered once I'm back working (currently SAHM and can't justify the cost)

blueberrymojito Mon 06-Nov-17 08:32:47

I think it probably is slim, I think most of us end up with them eventually just didn’t think it happened so soon! But also good to know yours took years to get worse!

Think I may go down the laser route too Silk if they do get worse, my legs were my best asset after pregnancy ruined my stomach!! It was all I had left!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now