Talk

Advanced search

Rosehip oil vs Vitamin c serum

(6 Posts)
complexsimplicity Sun 05-Nov-17 19:40:37

Which do you prefer and why?

Rosehip oil has been working well in my skincare regime and I’m wondering if I should try try out some vitamin c...

Dustbunny1900 Sun 05-Nov-17 20:34:23

I’m confused about the vitamin c /antioxidant serums, cause doesn’t rosehip oil have Vit c in it? And antioxidants? I ask because all the vitamin creams or serums I see are chock full of preservatives, fragrance, and irritating essential oils. So was wondering h if you could sub with real oils or homemade creams.
Anyways, rose hip is amazing esp with scarring and sun damage. So it gets my vote

BanyanTree Mon 06-Nov-17 06:32:42

I use Rosehip oil between toner and moisturiser during the day and I get lots of compliments about my skin.

Ktown Mon 06-Nov-17 06:44:19

Rosehip oil is nice
I don’t understand the vit c thing though and I doubt there would be any in rosehip oil as it is water soluble. Rosehip contains a touch of vit a though

Elledorado Mon 06-Nov-17 11:41:43

I'm using vit c to improve texture of my skin, also claims to improve efficacy of sunscreen and may reverse ageing somewhat. I use rosehip oil too but not regularly, has small amount of vit A I think

PerfumeIsAMessage Mon 06-Nov-17 14:40:32

Well, they're completely different things- Vit C is a serum, Rosehip is a moisturiser. Vit C serums are also quite volatile and many of them (apparently) don't have enough of the active ingredient to be worthy of the name. Similarly loads of "Vit E" products market themselves as that, as though it's the second coming when virtually every cream has vit E in it because wheatgerm oil is cheap so they put it in everything.
Rosehip Oil is OK for fairly youngish skin, does a fair job of moisturising and holding off fine lines, but it's no big hitter in the oils stakes as it's quite a "light" oil.
I'm no active ingredient expert (ask on the skincare longrunning thread, they are founts of knowledge) and will explain the ingredient thing bettr than me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now