Talk

Advanced search

Best highstreet straight leg jeans

(14 Posts)
FashionFiend Sun 05-Nov-17 11:09:44

My jeans have all seen better days. Anyone got any recommendations for super flattering straight leg or boyfriend jeans please?

Wtfdoicare Sun 05-Nov-17 14:17:01

I like Gap Real Straight jeans. I have a few pairs of them and they're very flattering.

Honeycake50 Sun 05-Nov-17 17:00:24

Interested in this as I cannot find any for a pear shape, size 12 /14. Tried Gap but the cut looks very bad on me. Bought one pair in navy blue from Esprit recently which look great.

Hopeful others post some suggestions here

FashionFiend Mon 06-Nov-17 10:26:44

Thanks! I've had the Gap straight leg ones but they don't suit me either. No idea where to try next.

DontDrinkDontSmoke Mon 06-Nov-17 10:30:38

Lee Cooper if you can get your hands on them.

botemp Mon 06-Nov-17 10:48:16

Uniqlo is another to try, think it's called the straight fit. Also try the men's version there as that has a better fit for some.

thesaurusgirl Mon 06-Nov-17 13:59:47

Levi's 714s. I have them in jet black and a dark denim (with no distressing or whiskering) colour called Lone Wolf. So comfy and flattering. That said, I'm not sure whether the straight cut makes me look a bit dated. I feel a bit more current in a skinny crop with the hem rolled up.

pigeondujour Mon 06-Nov-17 14:43:56

I've got a pair of straight leg H&M jeans that were £17.99 and are an absolute dream. I get loads of compliments on them.

FashionFiend Tue 07-Nov-17 18:00:47

What's the sizing like in the uniqlo jeans? I'm not near a store so would have to take a risk buying online.

botemp Tue 07-Nov-17 18:05:15

True to size I would say. Check their online size guide it's one of the most elaborate ones I've ever come across. Most tend to find Uniqlo as a whole coming in smaller but I find them a bit big so accept I'm an anomaly but the jeans come in the same size as elsewhere for me.

FashionFiend Tue 07-Nov-17 18:13:20

Thanks!

BubblesBuddy Tue 07-Nov-17 19:09:31

M and S have loads. I like the dark wash ones.

FashionFiend Thu 09-Nov-17 10:46:52

Thanks everyone for your advice. Ordered uniqlo high waist cigarette jeans online in the end. Fingers crossed they fit! Decided I'm tired of boyfriend jeans. Hopefully the high waisted ones will be flattering.

MidLifeCrisis2017 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:55:42

TK Maxx often have Lee Cooper.

I've just bought M & S Sculpt and Lift, lovely dark denim, v high waist and haven't gone baggy after an hour. They do, however, turn your knickers blue...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now