Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Primer help please....

(11 Posts)
Gobletofgin Sun 05-Nov-17 09:46:23

Please can I have a recommendation for a primer to help my foundation last longer. I use Lancôme teint idole which is great and suits my skin, but it needs a primer to go on smoothly. I have tried benefit porefessional and no.7. I like to use things up and not waste them so I have persevered (I am a lurking fan of the beauty product hoard thread). I am running out now and want a new one that might hopefully make my makeup last past lunchtime?!

It doesn't need to be cheap but I can't afford Chanel type prices ! Thanks in advance

moonamanda Sun 05-Nov-17 09:50:43

I use Laura Mercier radiant something, it suits my dull skin.

StylishDuck Sun 05-Nov-17 09:50:49

My favourite is Barry M original flawless primer. It’s cheap as chips (<£5) but gives a really matte finish and I really notice a difference in staying power for my foundation. I’ve tried more expensive ones but keep going back to this one.

RubbishMantra Mon 06-Nov-17 18:27:54

Tarte Timeless Smoothing primer. Makes your skin feel like velvet and really holds make-up in place.

IWouldLikeToKnow Mon 06-Nov-17 18:33:11

I have yet to find a primer that keeps my foundation on. They certainly help the foundation go on nicely and it looks great when it’s on first but fast forward a few hours and it’s virtually gone. I have tried so many and certainly can’t recommend one over another.

GinPleaseOrTen Mon 06-Nov-17 18:37:50

Definitely Smashbox - the original one. I love it!

flibbertigibbety Mon 06-Nov-17 19:23:05

The Ordinary does a great one, cheap too!

NotThereEileen Mon 06-Nov-17 19:24:23

Milk of magnesia. Seriously. I have really really oily skin and this makes it stay in place. Excellent for hangovers too!

Northernmum100 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:42:01

Another vote for Barry M here. I've got the original and another one which is slightly yellow in colour- think it is to add a more luminous base? Someone did actually ask me at the weekend what I have been doing because I looked younger and I will take any compliment I can get!

Tantpoke Mon 06-Nov-17 20:22:51

I use Lancome La base Pro primer, which is lovely to apply, works really well and seems to last forever.

DarthMaiden Mon 06-Nov-17 20:38:20

I’m currently loving This Works, In Transit.

I have dry skin and find most primers really drying. This isn’t and make up goes on much more smoothly and lasts longer (possibly as it contains Hyaluronic Acid which is very hydrating).

I’ve tried loads by numerous brands and this one is the best so far. It’s probably not great for oily skin though.

http://m.feelunique.com/p/this-works-Camera-Close-Up-40ml?url=this-works-Camera-Close-Up-40ml&slang=EN&gclid=Cj0KCQiArYDQBRDoARIsAMR8sThJEEOvuRQK4QlQG0tnst6GmsjI-6Eff_IIZAdvpDdWSmvDD-FLd54aAnDQEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now