Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with greasy feeling hair

(16 Posts)
Applepie22 Sat 04-Nov-17 23:36:40

I get married soon and the back of my hair always feels like I haven't washed it properly even though I have. It gets lank very quickly and any style I have drops easily.

Is there a good shampoo that I can use to make it less lank looking? I want a style that is going to hold for the day.

Thanks

IggyAce Sun 05-Nov-17 11:45:51

Try conditioning your hair first and then washing with shampoo, I found this has helped my greasy roots.

ChuffMuffin Sun 05-Nov-17 11:51:41

I've heard shampooing dry hair is great if its particularly oily or greasy. Haven't tried it myself though so can't give any experience!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 05-Nov-17 11:58:28

I had a patch of hair last year that always felt greasy. It actually turned out to be product build up, mostly silicone from conditioner.
I fixed it with Vosene original anti dandruff shampoo. It's brilliant used as a clarifying shampoo as it removes all oil and build up. Then condition as normal afterwards. My hair was transformed.

It is drying though. I use it once a week at most now just to prevent build up and comb through conditioner just on mid lengths and ends.

chatwoo Sun 05-Nov-17 12:02:44

try one of the types of shampoo without SLS and parabens etc. They always make my hair feel more clean, although maybe a little too stripped of moisture for my liking. There's a Charles Worthington one (blue squeezy container) that should be a reasonable price in Boots.

coffeekittens Sun 05-Nov-17 12:13:12

Tgel anti dandruff shampoo is amazing or redken cleansing cream

endofacentury Sun 05-Nov-17 12:30:03

I have this problem too and I use silicon free shampoo but also spray dry shampoo into the roots as soon as I’ve dried it and I find this helps a lot. My hair can be lank and starting to get greasy 12 hours after it’s been washed, I feel your pain!

emsyj37 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:31:47

Yes, Vosene here too. My hair has ways been very greasy - Vosene is the best one for keeping greasy roots under control.

wobblywonderwoman Sun 05-Nov-17 12:32:27

T gel for greasy hair is great. Wash twice. The one dried, spray with dry shampoo. If prevents it starting to get greasy so soon

Joico clarifying shampoo is great - about 16 pound but totally worth it (amazon)

EnidButton Sun 05-Nov-17 15:31:30

Get a clarifying shampoo. Use it at least once a week no matter which shampoo you use in between.

Never put conditioner onto your roots. Wash your hair with your head tilted forwards and run the conditioner through the ends and then mid lengths. Rinse I. That position too so none goes onto roots. (Same applies if you use hair oils etc afterwards.)

Clarifying shampoos I like are Redken cleansing cream and Lush Big Shampoo. The Lush one will give you shiny light feeling hair and seems to stop my hair getting oily roots between washes. However it is very stripping so you’ll need a good conditioner with it.

EnidButton Sun 05-Nov-17 15:32:11

I’m going to try the vosene one too.

Applepie22 Sun 05-Nov-17 20:53:03

Thank you! It seems to be a patch at the back of my hair that gets greasy. Will get some Vosene tomorrow.

Baileystruffle Sun 05-Nov-17 21:00:59

Do you use 2 lots of shampoo? Makes a huge difference shampooing it twice.

wobblywonderwoman Sun 05-Nov-17 21:10:13

I wonder are you rinsing that patch enough. Until the hair squeaks ? Try giving IG a few shampoos. My hairdresser found such a build up on mine she washed it three times with clarifying shampoo and I have kept it up.

Tantpoke Mon 06-Nov-17 21:16:07

I actually used fairy liquid on the patch at the back of my head after reading about it on MN which did the trick, I only used it the once.

Auburn2001 Tue 07-Nov-17 08:53:59

Just seconding these comments. I shampoo my hair twice, rinse out for ages, and only use conditioner/oil below my ears. I also clarify (Scott Cornwall Precolour Shampoo). All of this stops my hair from going lank and greasy and now I don't need to wash my hair every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now