Talk

Advanced search

Help with smokers lines please

(5 Posts)
AntsDeck Sat 04-Nov-17 22:01:59

Hi,
Yes, I know, should not have smoked sad
Lesson learnt.

I have several smokers lines around my upper lip and really want to sort them out before I look like Madge from Benidorm smile

I realise there is cosmetic surgery but would rather avoid that if I can.
Can anyone recommend some home treatments that may help please?
TIA

jeaux90 Sun 05-Nov-17 10:02:52

A decent hyaluronic product and serum (I buy from Medik 8) has really helped reduce the appearance of mine. Other than that it's fillers which I am putting off as I'm quite happy with the results.

I also put some clarins tanning drops in my serum, it also helps with minimising the appearance

lovemylover Sun 05-Nov-17 10:10:49

I am wanting to know the same ting, but i stopped smoking 3 years ago, and they have still got worse,
Anything i have tried just seems to dry my skin, and they look even worse
I am scared to have fillers, because i tried that about 2 years ago, the silly woman put stuff meant for lip enhancement in and i looked like Homer Simpson,i had to have it removed, but it took 3 months for the woman to get it sorted,
Anyone who does fillers should also be a prescriber, and carry the remover with them, she didnt and had to arrange for someone to come from another area
So, be careful if you do decide to have fillers, and make sure whoever does it is well qualified, and is also a prescriber,
The person who did mine was only recently trained, my fault for not checking too

whoareyoukidding Sun 05-Nov-17 10:36:45

To be honest, I think that creams and peels can only do so much. I had fillers last year for the same problem and there's been a lot of improvement. As lover says, go with someone reputable.

AntsDeck Sun 05-Nov-17 11:50:05

Thanks for the replies.

I will look at the serum mentioned and if I do go down the route of fillers, I will definitely find a reputable person.

Great advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now