Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

HELP please...need trousers for short, chunky legs!

(12 Posts)
thisismyname2016 Sat 04-Nov-17 19:21:02

Hi everyone, subject line says it all really- I'm desperate for new trousers for work and something else for weekends (jeans/trousers etc) but have lost the will to live trying to find some.
Gap True Straight were great for me but new purchases feel & look different (I was a 14 in those).
I'm 5'2 and a 14/16 (though currently losing weight). PLEASE HELP

TIA smile

riojaandcorrie Sat 04-Nov-17 20:44:26

Try marksies they always have short legged trousers and jeans for me and they’re not too short in the crotch. I love the per una and indigo ranges. Actually it’s the only place I can find trousers for my short stumps.

Imfinehowareyou Sat 04-Nov-17 20:46:44

I find Dorothy Perkins and New Look work for me - 5ft 1 and chunky legged.

Creatureofthenight Sat 04-Nov-17 20:47:56

Agreed, as a fellow shorty with chunky legs, M & S are not too bad for jeans, Next can sometimes be ok depending on style. I've given up wearing 'proper ' trousers as I just look awful.

thisismyname2016 Sat 04-Nov-17 20:54:47

thanks everyone- I'll take a look at M&S and the others. Much appreciated

MulhuddartDrive Sat 04-Nov-17 21:01:17

I'm 5ft2 and Benetton chinos are a perfect length on me. And they are comfortable on my generous thighs.

Imfinehowareyou Sun 05-Nov-17 10:07:56

MulhuddartDrive what is your inside leg measurement if you don't mind me asking? I love the sound of those chinos. However, I am not only short but I have a long body and short legs. My inside leg is 27". I find Next petite trousers too long blush

Chewbecca Sun 05-Nov-17 10:42:51

Clicked to say M&S too! Pretty much the only place where I can buy trousers that fit my short chunksters.

MulhuddartDrive Sun 05-Nov-17 10:46:44

I've no idea! 29 maybe? In the summer I rolled them up to ankle length so would that work for your kind of look?

Imfinehowareyou Sun 05-Nov-17 10:56:15

Thanks! They are rolled up on the website so that could be the way forward for me.

CountFosco Sun 05-Nov-17 13:46:16

Good short trousers: M&S (v. generous sizing, I'm a 10 in most places but verging on an 8 in M&S), Gap, Boden, ASOS, Mint Velvet, Next.

SierraFerrara Sun 05-Nov-17 14:02:07

Following

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: