Talk

Advanced search

My face needs help!

(12 Posts)
SolidHair Sat 04-Nov-17 11:28:12

Wise Mumsnetters, please help me! My face is depressing me. Around my nose and chin I have the oily skin of a teenager, I have a big red nose like an old man, and my cheeks and forehead are like a Weetabix! I’m 44 years old, but look 64. Can anyone recommend a skin-correcting tinted moisturiser or miracle potion? I’m tired of scaring the children! I bow to your greater knowledge.

AhAgain Sat 04-Nov-17 11:32:34

Budget?

Can you find a Jan Marini salon near you? Expensive for the range, but great for problem skin.

SolidHair Sat 04-Nov-17 11:35:55

I wouldn’t say money’s no object, but I’m prepared to invest in a solution. Thanks for your suggestion, I’ll look into that!

BusterGonad Sat 04-Nov-17 13:20:22

Instead of trying to hide it you need to get to the root of it and sort it out! I'd second seeing a professional or at least get to a decent skin care brand and see a consultant who can help!

SolidHair Sat 04-Nov-17 14:29:20

Good advice! Thank you.

Dustbunny1900 Sat 04-Nov-17 17:28:34

Are you eating lots of healthy fats, greens, water, and antioxidants? Sunscreen daily and a good moisturizer (without irritants like fragrance or essential oils?)

GinUnicorn Sat 04-Nov-17 17:33:28

You could try plasma facials. My friend has one called neogen but google and see if they are any good.

Mulberrysilk Sat 04-Nov-17 17:41:20

Is it Rosacea?

DameDoom Sat 04-Nov-17 18:31:27

Certainly sounds like rosacea which will need medical intervention.

I am on lymecycline and mine improved dramatically within a couple of weeks. It can't be cured but it can be very successfully managed. I would make an appointment first before dropping a lot of money on facials and skincare.

ChishandFips33 Sat 04-Nov-17 19:41:33

La Roche posay effaclar 3 step might be your friend

My skin has always been spot prone still I started using LRP

AhAgain Sat 04-Nov-17 21:49:25

Definitely look for a professional to advise pn Jan Marini - I got on to them through a salon.

I use their biglycolic cleanser, then I use The Ordinary hylauronic acid and retinoid (latter night only), JM Bioclear cream (night only), JM Transformation Cream, Guinot Eye Cream, JM Physical Protectorant (SPF45) I The day only, sometimes with a couple of drops of Clarins tint. It all works really well, but you need what works for your skin abc not mine.

SolidHair Sun 05-Nov-17 08:18:00

Thanks all! Some really good suggestions here, and perhaps it is time for some soul-searching about my lifestyle in general. Many thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now