Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Birkenstock boots

(7 Posts)
Pinkkahori Sat 04-Nov-17 11:03:55

Does anyone wear these?
I have terrible feet, quite wide and need good support.
I like in Birkenstock sandals in summer and have an old pair of clogs that I wear constantly at home.
I usually buy Clarks boots but there is nothing I like this year.
For fashion/cheaper options I sometimes buy New Look wide fit but my feet aren't happy in them for long.
The Birkenstock boots would be a big investment for me and there is no where local I can try them on.
I am sure of my size so that isn't an issue.
Just wondering if the quality and comfort is as good as the sandals before I order.
Thanks

nowt Sat 04-Nov-17 11:11:47

I’ve bought some recently, though only worn them a couple of times. I also need a fair amount of support and have wide feet and I found them very comfortable. I had seen tips on sizing and ordered a size up from the sandals I wear and they’re about right. Felt a bit tight at first but that could be because I live in sandals and flip flops at the moment. I think the leather will relax a bit.

nowt Sat 04-Nov-17 11:13:31

Mine are the Stowe boots.

Pinkkahori Sat 04-Nov-17 11:19:08

Thanks nowt. What style did you buy?
I like these
stowe
Interesting about sizing up because I say another style I like but seem to be an older style and are sold out in my size but available in a size up.

duriandurian Sat 04-Nov-17 11:21:02

I sized up and bought from TK Maxx

Pinkkahori Sat 04-Nov-17 12:01:54

Cross posted there nowt. The Stowe are the style I like too.
Thanks Durian. Seems like sizing up is the way to go.
Didn't know TKMaxx might have them. I'll check it out.

I'm also interested in some Art boots I've seen but don't know if they come up wide enough.

Appuskidu Sat 04-Nov-17 15:23:22

boots

Oh my-these are gorgeous!

I'm the same-only wear Birkenstocks in the summer. In the winter I wear Fly London boots which are incredibly comfortable (but leak!) or DMs. I used to wear Birkenstock mules but they don't go with skinny jeans (were ok but boot cuts back in the day).

I wonder what the sizing is like? I'm a 5/38 in everything but need a 37 for Birkenstock sandals. I'd love to try these boots on. £170 though blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: