Talk

Advanced search

Can someone please recommend a moisturiser?

(13 Posts)
MrsDoylesTeabags Sat 04-Nov-17 09:43:18

Currently using Fade Out with 25spf. I've used it before and liked it and my skin looks fine, but it feels dry, tight and itchy. Especially round my mouth. I'm mid 40s, not many wrinkles but quite oily and spot prone. I'm happy to spend up to about£20. Can anyone recommend a really lovely feeling moisturiser for winter months? Also after a good lip balm to use under or instead of lipstick.

MrsDoylesTeabags Sat 04-Nov-17 16:23:56

Anybody?

Deathraystare Sat 04-Nov-17 16:59:53

Got one yesterday in Superdrug. It is the Simple one. A pot rather than a cream - has an spf of 15 and was £2.99 Bargain! Felt lovely on - I got the Superdrug Vitamin E night cream too (not quite so cheap but still...)

JennyHolzersGhost Sat 04-Nov-17 17:34:12

Are you looking for something rich or light OP? It sounds as though you have combination skin.
I use Simple - they do an SPF one and also one without which is lighter - I find they sit really well on my skin - but I don’t know if those would be too light for you, if you’ve got dry bits to deal with ...?

Thedarklady Sat 04-Nov-17 18:06:01

The Eucerin ones in the tubes (especially the atocontrol one). With some Superdrug b essence applied before.

PerfumeIsAMessage Sat 04-Nov-17 18:10:38

Anything that's suitable for your skin type.

Moisturiser can be the cheapest thing you spend on wrt skincare. The important bit is the cleansing and serum etc.

That said I love L'Occitane Divine and NY Frankincense. But I also really rate Nivea Q10 anti wrinkle, £4.99 from places like Savers. It is just as good as anything else.Anything from Nivea, Garnier, Superdrug own brand stuff, L'Oreal etc. All good. I also have the Body Shop Vitamin E which is lovely and the smell takes me back to my teens.

superdrug do a range for different age skins, I have the 40 - 50 one and I am loving it so far, buy one get one free at the moment so got a day and a night one.

bingohandjob Sat 04-Nov-17 19:44:08

Superdrug B.range and this range www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/oct/14/high-street-moisturiser-day-night-cream-beat-luxury-brands-sali-hughes-superdrug-avon are good. For lipbalm, Lanolin (nipple cream) hands down the best I've ever used. I apply once at night and keeps them soft and crack proof!

MrsDoylesTeabags Sat 04-Nov-17 21:39:12

Thanks for the tips, glad I won't have to spend a fortune on good skincare. Supermarket shop tomorrow so I'll have a look. I'm using micellar water at the moment so I'll look for a cream cleanser too.

Cakescakescakes Sat 04-Nov-17 21:41:55

The Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayons are a sheeny balm with a hint of colour. The one in Proudly Nude is my go to everyday neutral colour. Feels lovely and moisturising and give a hint of colour and shine.

Bombardier25966 Sat 04-Nov-17 21:51:45

The Superdrug ones recommended by Sali Hughes felt really cheap to me (which to be fair, they are).

I'm a The Ordinary junkie so my moisturiser doesn't need to do anything but moisturise, so am currently using a LRP one. I'd agree that it's the products that go under it that are important.

niknac1 Sat 04-Nov-17 22:03:15

The NHS Salisbury sell my trusty sunflower cream and it can be found online at Superdrug. We found it after it was in the newspapers. It was developed to treat burns victims and my daughter has eczema and it is really good and comparatively inexpensive compared to lots of skincare creams. I think they do quite a few items online and if you get a Superdrug beauty card it’s free delivery, I have never found it in our local shop you can have things sent to a Superdrug for click and collect. Hope you find something.

MrsDoylesTeabags Sun 12-Nov-17 12:58:18

Thanks everyone, I got the Simple Light Moisturiser for day and the new Nivea Q10 but Can night cream which was on special offer. I got the blistex lip cream and No7 BB lip colour. Mt skin feels lovely. I would never have thought of using the simple day cream but it's especially good under makeup and cheap as chips!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now