Talk

Advanced search

Skincare for teens / preteens What do you get them to use? (boys and girls)

(10 Posts)
smilesandsun Sat 04-Nov-17 08:54:44

Hi I am needing advice on what to get my children 11 & 13 to use, they are both starting to get the odd (small) blemish and blackheads shock

JakeBallardswife Sat 04-Nov-17 08:58:19

Boots aloe Vera night gel and a simple facial wash

LindyHemming Sat 04-Nov-17 08:58:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QueenofLouisiana Sat 04-Nov-17 12:04:41

Gentle face wash (currently Mixta-I think- French make as we needed to restock while on holiday), witch-hazel blemish gel. Simple moisturiser. DS is 12.

smilesandsun Sun 05-Nov-17 12:44:16

thanks. Im going for cetaphil and a gentle moisturiser at the moment. Its getting them to do it that is the problem as well

BagelGoesWalking Sun 05-Nov-17 23:36:38

Cetaphil doesn’t have a great reputation.

You could look at La Roche Posay Toleriane range for sensitive skin. They do lovely cleansers and moisturisers which last a long time as you only need a small amount each time.

Superdrug Vit E range seems very popular too and I’ve heard good things about the Simple cleansing oil.

murphys Mon 06-Nov-17 06:56:34

Going to disagree on Cetaphil not being good. It is the only thing that ds can use without having a break out. Its gentle enough to get the face clean, but without stripping the oils. I bought the Garnier one and another one (cant remember which) and as soon as he went back to Cetaphil, his face looked so much better again.

smilesandsun Mon 06-Nov-17 11:53:11

I use cetaphil myself which was recommended by my dermatologist along with some la roche posay products

Butterfly1975 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:01:06

My DS uses Body Shop Tea Tree foaming cleanser and seems to have sorted out his pimples! I think he likes it as it's foaming and washes off easily hence saving him precious Xbox time grin

I often use it too as still get the odd spot and it's not as drying as other face washes for blemished skin.

BagelGoesWalking Mon 06-Nov-17 13:39:46

Just going by things I've read! Including this

Another one that gets very good reviews is Cosrx Good Morning Cleanser Just make sure you buy from a well rated Korean seller (not from China).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now