Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gentlest facial cleansers around a tenner - not Cetaphil!

(37 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Sat 04-Nov-17 08:30:05

Any recommendations gladly received. I currently use Cetaphil but was wondering if there was a better one? I have rosacea and got into a maintenance routine that is ok but am gradually swapping things out (largely due to some advice from the very helpful poster botemp which improved things no end flowers ) Just looking to tweak my routine really.

Thanks.

londonfeather Sat 04-Nov-17 08:33:09

I would really recommend La roche-posay toleriane cleanser - very gentle but effective

PhatSlag Sat 04-Nov-17 08:35:21

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. Expensive but really worth it. The pot lasts for ages as well as you only need a small amount each time.

INeedNewShoes Sat 04-Nov-17 08:37:03

If you're on a budget, I like Simple cleanser but rather than following instructions on the bottle I wipe it off using a muslin cloth.

TheOneWhoKnocks Sat 04-Nov-17 08:37:41

Another vote for La Roche Posay Toleriane - my skin reacts to most things, but the micellar gel and (especially) the cream cleanser from this range sort it right out.

Embarrassed89 Sat 04-Nov-17 08:40:30

La Roche Posay toleriane is good but Avene extremely gentle cleanser lotion is even better imo smile

Snailo Sat 04-Nov-17 08:42:00

I agree the LRP one is good. I have L'oreal rose face wash atm and that's very nice and gentle, doesn't foam or dry out and gets make up off. It's only about a £5-6 I think.

treaclesoda Sat 04-Nov-17 08:43:07

The Superdrug vitamin E cleanser is nice, and very gentle.

margaritasbythesea Sat 04-Nov-17 08:47:21

Thanks for you replies. Is this the LRP one?

Looking at the others too.

Vitalogy Sat 04-Nov-17 08:53:33

Dr Organic Tea Tree facial wash from Holland and Barrett. Very mild.

Hulder Sat 04-Nov-17 08:56:14

Avene extremely gentle cleanser.

Personally I preferred their gel cleanser but the bastards stopped making it.

earlgreymarl Sat 04-Nov-17 09:12:29

In the same boat! After some research i'm waiting for Aquamarina from Lush to arrive. I want something that might help restore top skin layer and doesn't need to be wiped off loads with cotton pads or cloths. I have been getting on ok with Clarins Extra comfort cleansing cream though ( ask for a sample) .

I liked the la Roche posey micella cleanser but I think the daily removal with cotton pads to remove suncream etc in the summer didn't help.

Good luck!

PickleSarnie Sat 04-Nov-17 09:18:39

I used Skinfix cleanser. Started when I had a bit of eczema and continued after it cleared up.

It's more than a tenner but that's because it comes in a massive pump bottle....

PickleSarnie Sat 04-Nov-17 09:19:42

^^use, not used

chatwoo Sat 04-Nov-17 09:31:20

I use Lush Ultrabland. I have a sensitive / prone to redness face and this works really well for me. It's quite thick, so needs to be taken off with warm water and a flannel, and will remove most eye make-up etc. I think the small container is around 8 quid and lasts pretty well.

toomanydicksonthedancefloor1 Sat 04-Nov-17 09:34:55

Nelson’s pure and clear, pic attached.

toomanydicksonthedancefloor1 Sat 04-Nov-17 09:39:49

Oops posted too soon!

Not readily available in the UK anymore. Might still be in some Boots. I buy on eBay and it tends to be shipped from USA, so buy a few at a time. I usually pay about £12 each when you take shipping into account.

It’s so mild you can put it in your eyes and there’s no stinging at all, as mild as water. Best one I have ever used. I have mild acne and dry skin so it doesn’t aggravate either of those conditions.

Then I use Aveeno cream as a moisturiser and sometimes mix in Argan or Jojoba oil.

PerpetualStudent Sat 04-Nov-17 09:39:55

I find ultrabland a bit too heavy for daily use (I have combination/sensitive skin, with a tendency towards redness) - I use it when I've got a full face of make up to take off, or when I'm going to do a facemask or something after. I've found Lush's 9 to 5 to be a good gentler alternative for daily use, though it's no good for eyemakeup removal, so I use simple make up removee on eyes first (sounds like a bit of a faff when I write it down!)

margaritasbythesea Sat 04-Nov-17 10:25:02

Thanks for your recommendations. I shall star trying them out. I quite like to rinse off my cleanser. Is there one of these that would be good for that?

chatwoo Sat 04-Nov-17 22:56:30

Have a look to see if there are any ideas in this article - Sali Hughes from the Guardian talking about rinse-off cleansers - some are a good price:
www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/sep/16/beauty-foaming-face-washes-sali-hughes

Vitalogy Sun 05-Nov-17 01:30:59

The Dr Organic tea tree facial wash is wash off.

LunaTheCat Sun 05-Nov-17 03:00:48

I have rosacea and love the Nuxe melting cleansing gel - no burning or irritation afterwards and smells gorgeous. Got mine at M and S.

Callamia Sun 05-Nov-17 03:08:28

I like Cerave. I bought the face wash from amazon.

margaritasbythesea Sun 05-Nov-17 07:18:36

Thanks. I should have been cleaerer though. I can´t use foaming cleansers. They really irritate my skin. I just splash off the Cetaphil. Cloths irritate too. I used to use Cerave but I found that every time I ordered the lotion they sent me the foaming cleanser. It is good though!

Is the nuxe perfumed? I tried the elemis one which had a lot of essential oil and I have never seen a reaction like it. I could see my skin turning red and puffing as I applied it across my face. It is sitting in my drawer looking expensive and luxurious. It gets rave reviews for sensitive skin! It´s one reason why I won´t spend much now. It was such a mistake.

PrivateParkin Sun 05-Nov-17 08:24:08

That's the thing for me too margaritas - so much stuff breaks me out, I daren't risk pricey stuff. I had a horrible reaction using Clarins comfort cleanser or whatever it was called. Sorry I haven't RTFT but has anyone recommended Avene Cleanace soapless gel? That's a nice gentle one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now