Talk

Advanced search

Winter wedding guest panic

(4 Posts)
ZazieZero Sat 04-Nov-17 00:41:51

Hello

Going to a wedding the first Saturday in December. Been looking for a while and can’t find anything I like. Please help me.

I am 42, 5’4”, size 10-12. Have dark hair and eyes so suit warm and bright colours, especially reddy-orange, green and yellow.

Would love to be able to wear the outfit again over Xmas.

It’s all in a hotel (we’re staying over) so I don’t need to worry about a cold church.

Fingermoose Sat 04-Nov-17 00:59:09

What's your budget? Is there anything that's a no (i.e. you must have sleeves, no high necks etc)? I'll bump in the morning and post some ideas then.

ZazieZero Sat 04-Nov-17 01:18:28

Thank you!

Budget is £200ish, could stretch that a bit if I was going to be able to wear it more over Xmas.

Midi length looks awful on me, so that’s a real no. Suit above the knee best. Am an inverted triangle shape so can do sleeveless or at least 3/4 sleeves, but not cap cap/short sleeves.

Fingermoose Sat 04-Nov-17 10:54:51

They've got some really nice 70s style long sleeve knee length dresses in House of Fraser. This Maison de Nimes is my favourite but there's also Ralph Lauren.

If you want strapless there's a nice orange one from Karen Millen and a yellow spotty one from Issa but I'm not sure about the colour of the Issa one. There's a bargain Jolie Moi and an interesting green Hobbs.

I'm not sure the sleeves are right on this Tahari but I like it.

Hopefully this will help or bump the thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now