Talk

Advanced search

Does a Black Bag and Gold Hardware bag tacky?

(11 Posts)
ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Fri 03-Nov-17 20:43:30

Or too blingy?

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Fri 03-Nov-17 20:47:55

Like this

Too dated?

Summerisdone Fri 03-Nov-17 20:59:03

Yes, I feel like it's something I would have bought from New Look when I was 17, so about 10 years out of date.

LuxuryWoman2017 Fri 03-Nov-17 21:02:30

I'd say the opposite and this style is very in at the moment. I'm going by mags and instagram.

KimchiLaLa Fri 03-Nov-17 21:15:55

That's a balenciaga and it's a classic, I would invest in one

Mominatrix Fri 03-Nov-17 21:17:38

Black box rigide kelly with gold hardware - the ultimate classic bag

Bombardier25966 Fri 03-Nov-17 21:23:38

That's hideous, designer doesn't necessarily equate to style or classic.

silkpyjamasallday Fri 03-Nov-17 21:27:01

Personally I prefer hardware on a bag to be a bit more subtle, that's a balenciaga with giant studs, the standard size are a lot less blingy. They also do more dull gold hardware. It's personal preference. Those bags have been around for yonks and will continue to be around for a while, they are a pretty classic style.

Aderyn17 Fri 03-Nov-17 21:38:21

Not keen, sorry. Designer doesn't necessarily equal classic/beautiful.
I don't know why bag designers think gold hardware is preferable to silver - not everyone wears gold jewellery. I'd like designer bags to come with more of a choice.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Fri 03-Nov-17 22:44:10

This was my dream bag like ten years ago. This and the silver hardware. But I couldn't of course afford it. Now I could - but only preloved lol. So I'm wondering if this is my childish dream at play here, and if this is already dated.

I bought my first dream bag few weeks ago - Marc Jacobs Stam - but returned it because it didn't feel right anymore.

Mominatrix Sat 04-Nov-17 07:11:59

Black bag with gold hardware - as I said, the classic bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now