Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hen do outfit in your 40s

(5 Posts)
1Wanda1 Fri 03-Nov-17 18:43:40

My hen do is coming up, and I am struggling to find an outfit. I am 41, size 10-12, big boobs and an “apple” shape. I would like to wear a dress in the evening but can’t find something - everything seems to be either nice for a skinny 22 year old, or a bit boring or very expensive. We’re going for a njce dinner and then out out for drinks. Budget for dress is up to £200. I like The Kooples, All Saints, Scotch & Soda and that sort of thing, but can’t find anything on those sites. Would prefer not to wear black, and not something too short either. What brands should I look for? I have no idea!

Rathkelter Fri 03-Nov-17 21:10:06

Have you thought about going for a personal shopper in one of the department stores? Debenhams and John Lewis are good. You'd be surprised at what they find that suits you, that you'd never have thought of yourself.

1Wanda1 Sat 04-Nov-17 09:47:24

I have thought about a personal stylist at one of the stores, but I don’t have a weekend free to do it before the hen do. In fact I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to get to the shops at all, so I’m relying on internet shopping to find something!

TheMasterNotMargarita Sat 04-Nov-17 09:53:28

My go to is always Asos.
I order lots of different stuff, they have free returns and a huge range. You can try things you might not usually go for.
Sizing between brands is obviously variable but I generally find their own brand fairly true to size.
Never, ever had any problems I've shopped there for 15 years I think! I never have time either.

TheMasterNotMargarita Sat 04-Nov-17 09:58:29

I can't link but they have a lovely Whistles Shirt dress in red.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now