Talk

Advanced search

Eye cream that works!

(15 Posts)
Dizzywhore Fri 03-Nov-17 17:25:10

Iv noticed the skin under my eyes has really thinned the last few years. It's looking rather lined too. I need some new eye cream. Anyone use a good one?

Dustbunny1900 Fri 03-Nov-17 17:53:33

Retin A , one of the very few creams/gels actually proven to help prevent and treat thin skin and wrinkles. Just get religious
with sunscreen
To prevent further moisture loss in the meantime or in the days you don't do retin A, a good rich moisturizer or oil will do (I use emu or avocado oil and Shea butter) and put Vaseline over the top at night. Best occlusive moisturizer there is.

Dizzywhore Fri 03-Nov-17 22:07:49

Thank you

bookgirl1982 Fri 03-Nov-17 22:13:18

Kiehls avocado eye cream is lovely

JoyceDivision Fri 03-Nov-17 22:34:41

Is there a retin a and spf eye product or do you need to double layer?

catbas Fri 03-Nov-17 22:46:16

You would need separate as spf in product be it moisturiser foundation whatever is insufficient!

Dustbunny1900 Sat 04-Nov-17 17:24:07

Yea you need retin a at night right before lights out, wash off in am and apply loads of sunscreen. Real sunscreen, not just spf 15 in your moisturizer

JoyceDivision Sat 04-Nov-17 17:55:39

Arghhh! I am a spf30 in moisturiser person!

Whats a good rein a prod? Just got the ordinary poss a retin thing... does the retin do the job of keeping you yoing and the sunscreen do the job of stopping things gettong worse in daytime?

Anyone recommend a good spf product for faces that are oily skin?

PerfumeIsAMessage Sat 04-Nov-17 18:14:38

You need an spf apart from the moisturiser/foundation.

Biore Watery Essence is lovely, a light spf 50 lotion that doesn't leave you looking like you've dipped your head in lard.

Most eye creams are a rip off- your bog standard moisturiser will do what its sister eye cream will. Just put some of that on. I noticed a reduction in the depth of my side wrinkles with NY Frankincense Intense and also have Hylamide SubQ which seems to be doing something.

Retin-As will do something- but it takes a good while to see any difference.

Dustbunny1900 Sat 04-Nov-17 20:57:08

Joyce, you need a prescription for retin a (trentinoin, believe retin a is a brand name) , it encourages rapid cell turnover and collagen production by making skin shed at an increased rate. Also gets rid of acne.
But it obviously makes new skin more susceptible to sun damage, so you REALLY need to be on top of it with that or it will make it worse with sun damage. But then you should be anal about sunscreen either way if anti-aging is your goal
You start with a low percentage and work your way up

whoareyoukidding Sat 04-Nov-17 20:59:32

retin a is great but you have to be v careful - there's loads of advice on Youtube do look first.

Mollypolly2610 Mon 06-Nov-17 00:12:41

Can you buy retina A in the uk?

PerfumeIsAMessage Mon 06-Nov-17 06:10:46

You can buy it from eBay. A lot of us on the skincare threads a couple of years ago got some from a seller called Geoff's Pharmacy. Thailand.
It was perfectly OK, sealed Johnson and Johnson brand.

murphys Mon 06-Nov-17 06:48:48

I think that I have tried every eye cream going recently. I don't have problem as much under the eye, but more the eyelid which is sagging terribly. Tried Clarins, Sisheido, Loreal, a rooibos one, and more I cant even remember now. Now I bought the Avon duo one, and I think this is working the best so far, but I have only just started using it recently. I cannot use any type of oil, it just makes them too heavy. I think my undereye looks better too, although as I said, that isn't really my biggest problem spot.

mowglik Mon 06-Nov-17 08:46:01

The best eye cream I’ve found is Avon anew eye lift. Not the cream which is rubbish, the gel tightens and lifts the upper eye better than anything else I’ve tried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now