Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fake leather boots - can they be warm?

(29 Posts)
Paintbox Fri 03-Nov-17 15:32:51

I’m struggling to find my perfect paid of winter boots. I’ve found a pair that tick every box apart from
The fact that they’re faux leather. They have quite chunky soles so will keep my feet away from the cold ground, and are shearling lines, but will the synthetic uppers keep my feet at all warm and dry? I really want them to be warm otherwise there’s no point in getting them.

Paintbox Fri 03-Nov-17 15:35:03

ACtually faux shearling lining. They’re made by blowfish

Mulberrysilk Fri 03-Nov-17 16:09:28

They might be too warm.

DonkeyOaty Fri 03-Nov-17 16:21:32

Sweaty. Foot fungus. Don't do it.

DonkeyOaty Fri 03-Nov-17 16:22:40

Tell us your budget and prefs, I'll bet we can find you some leather boots that will keep your tootsies warmy.

PurpleYam Fri 03-Nov-17 16:49:49

I don't like faux leather. If it's waterproof, then it's always sweaty.

Faux shearling lining in real leather boots is fine.

Leather is also worth paying for because you can maintain it. Wax and polish it properly and it will remain waterproof even if the surface shows wear. Faux leather does not stay waterproof, though you can help it by using a spray to make the surface water-repellent.

Leather also looks nice as it ages. Faux leather does not.

Paintbox Fri 03-Nov-17 16:55:19

Agh. I didn’t even think of them being too warm. The boots are these. int.schuh.co.uk/womens/blowfish-jumper-shearling-black-boots/1439477060/
Criteria is a Chelsea boot with a heel, must be fairly round and wide as i have wide feet, chunky sole to keep my feet far from ground (I always find my feet freeze if the soles are too thin. Pref leather. You would think this is easy but no. There are loads like this in suede but that’s not practical.

DonkeyOaty Fri 03-Nov-17 17:25:38

Docs Magdalena might suit. Shop around for best price.

these

Paintbox Fri 03-Nov-17 17:39:03

Ah yes they do look nice but I think the heel might be a bit too high and I have real trouble pulling boots on so I prefer some with a zip. I tried some flat doc Chelsea boots once and just couldn’t pull them on my bloody feet

DonkeyOaty Fri 03-Nov-17 17:48:25

Gotta go do fireworks watching with the sproglets. Back later - hopefully style mavens will be along in the meantime to assist.

MulhuddartDrive Fri 03-Nov-17 17:52:47

Uggs?

Paintbox Fri 03-Nov-17 18:03:26

Thanks both. Uggs looked promising but nothing plain and with a heel I’m afraid

PurpleYam Fri 03-Nov-17 18:10:33

Try putting sheepskin insoles into your boots. Or wearing wool socks. Both are amazing for warmth and comfort.

usernameinfinito Sat 04-Nov-17 15:35:08

Don't do it unless you can't afford real leather ones.

PNGirl Sat 04-Nov-17 17:21:52

Those Blowfish aren't Chelsea boots though? Chelseas have the elastic panel on the sides. Do you want plain or chelsea?

Paintbox Sat 04-Nov-17 20:45:28

Yes I guess they’re not Chelsea boots. I just mean I want plain round toe boots pngirl, I don’t mind if they’re elastic or zipped

ChishandFips33 Sat 04-Nov-17 22:05:06

Caterpillar?? 10% off if you sign up for email

I have the Hudson Tatham which are toasty but not too hot. They are pull on though

PNGirl Sun 05-Nov-17 07:57:14

Ok cool. How about Vagabond? Grace comes in different finishes and zip or chelsea options. Amazon has a few.

BikeRunSki Sun 05-Nov-17 08:03:08

Just put sheepskin insoles in other boots and wear wool socks.

wineusuallyhelps Sun 05-Nov-17 08:04:41

Although leather boots are always best, I currently have these and love them http://www.marksandspencer.com/wide-fit-block-heel-biker-ankle-boots/p/p60111634

I don’t find them sweaty. Not saying I wear them every day as I might have way more boots than I actually need but I’m pleased with them.

Paintbox Sun 05-Nov-17 08:09:10

Thanks for the suggestions but I really want something with a heel rather than a biker. Pngirl, I have tried the vagabond grace actually and they were almost perfect but really narrow and I have wide feet. Sheepskin insoles might be the way forward but I’d still need some boots wide enough for my feet and to fit the insoles in. So many styles seem to be fairly narrow fitting. Thanks very much for all your help

LoniceraJaponica Sun 05-Nov-17 08:13:39

Why is a heel so important?

Paintbox Sun 05-Nov-17 08:27:36

Because that’s the style of boot I’m looking for

Hellywelly10 Sun 05-Nov-17 09:06:30

They look lovely. Buy a shoe protector spray for them.

BikeRunSki Sun 05-Nov-17 10:33:56

I normally don’t rate fake leather footwear, but have been very impressed with the bargain Rocket Dogs I picked up in TKMaxx earlier in the autumn. They are a very superior kind of fake leather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now