Talk

Advanced search

Laser Tattoo Removal - stupid shitty ugly tattoo - please help

(18 Posts)
Sarahjconnor Fri 03-Nov-17 15:19:30

I awn sick of my stupid ugly tattoo and want it gone. A mistake when I was 16 and it's still sat there, annoying me whenever (not often) I see it and making my kids cringe. Has anyone had laser remnoval? I'm tempered to cut or burn the fecker off but DH dissuading me grin

How much does it cost
What are all the different types? So confused
Any recommended clinics?

It's a fucking dolphin btw - I have the same tattoo as the ex prime minsters wife, as my darling children like to remind me. I know the 90s are back in fashion but that shitty tat won't ever be!

Thanks

MrsPeacockDidIt Fri 03-Nov-17 17:51:29

I've just had an old tattoo removed (a month after having a large tattoo done !). It was on my boob and I just didn't love where it was.

It was small and 20 years old and just red and black. I bought a deal of 4 laser sessions for £80 (groupon deal) and after 2 sessions it was almost gone. Just had a third session as the laser tech thought she could get the last bit. No scaring, a bit red and blistering for a few days. You have to wait 6 weeks between sessions for skin to complete heal.

thedevilinablackdress Fri 03-Nov-17 18:00:51

Have you thought about a cover up? You could get something you like by a good artist.

Sarahjconnor Fri 03-Nov-17 20:02:47

I don’t want a cover up- I want the fucker gone. Groupon? I’ll
Look at it- is that the daily deal thing.

Sarahjconnor Fri 03-Nov-17 20:06:23

Oh god I hate this stupid tattoo. What can really go wrong if I just sand it off? Or burn it? Fucking ugly crappy deformed dolphin sad

Nothing against tattoos at all - but this tat is a piece of shit sad

BaliBound Fri 03-Nov-17 20:13:02

It hurts like hell! But its satisfying seeing it fade. I had a black tribal number (tramp stamp). I've had 10 sessions @ £75 a pop and its still hanging on in there. Now a much more managable light grey rather than dark black but I probably need another 5. I'm a bit lasered out so I'm taking a break from the sessions atm.

I should add that my tattoo is a keloid scar though so much more difficult to remove the ink due to scar tissue, so my long (and expensive) experience isn't the norm. Unfortunately although I can remove the ink, the actual shape of the tattoo will always be there due to the keloid sad I was also 16 when I had mine done and I so wish someone had talked some sense into me hmm

Sarahjconnor Fri 03-Nov-17 21:10:05

Mine is so so so shit. Literally the shittiest most appalling tattoo ever. God god god I might just get pissed and burn it. I am feeling quite like it needs to go asap. Nearest laser place I can see is 60 miles away - t0oo far for 6 or more visits and far too expensive for me sad

Catinthecorner Fri 03-Nov-17 21:13:38

Some tattoo studios do laser removal too. Worth checking

Opheliasgoldenwine Fri 03-Nov-17 23:08:09

Unhelpful but any chance you’d care to share?grin

Worldsworstcook Sat 04-Nov-17 00:05:56

I read excellent reports on the tattoo removal creams I'll try and find the article and list it for you. CLAIMS to revolutionise and make removal more easy

Applebei Sat 04-Nov-17 00:11:32

It's really expensive!! There is a new more effective laser called (I think) pico. Takes fewer sessions to get it off but more expensive each time so works out the same price as the old laser. But at least it comes off quicker.

I don't regret it, if that's any consolation! Old tattoos are often very faded and relatively easy to remove.

You have to wait 6-8 weeks between each treatment anyway so you can budget it that way.

sycamore54321 Sat 04-Nov-17 00:20:13

Ok you don't like your tattoo but it's quite worrying that you refer to burning it off in every post you have made here. First time I thought t a figure of speech but you repeat it. I'll state the obvious - burning yourself will cause huge pain, risk of serious complications, will likely leave a scar and won't actually remove your tattoo. Why the sudden rush?

Plenty of laser recommendations above for you. If you're genuineky thinking about burning it, then you need mental health support to avoid self-harm.

weetabix07 Sat 04-Nov-17 00:21:28

You could excise depending on how big and where it is. But it’s not cheap. Speaking from experience.

Picosure didn’t work for me.

weetabix07 Sat 04-Nov-17 00:25:45

There’s a chap in London who has good reviews - his shop is called reset rooms I believe. As apple says, if it is old laser might work 👍🏻

Sarahjconnor Sat 04-Nov-17 08:27:09

Thanks for all the advice. I'll look into lasers - I assumed the creams didn't work but will look at that too. It is only about an inch by 1/4 inch size and I have had grazes/burns bigger so I do think I could do that, but I know it would hurt a hell of a lot and be an infection risk, but I can treat that at home!

Hulder Sat 04-Nov-17 09:24:13

Clinic I had my laser hair removal at also did tattoo removal - the nurse used to chat to me about it.

You need someone who can reset according to what ink is left as it fades so has more than one machine.

Somersetter Sat 04-Nov-17 09:30:57

Please don't try removing it yourself shock

It sounds small and you said you don't see it much - whereabouts is it? If you can't get it removed professionally it's really not worth harming and scarring yourself permanently.

OutComeTheWolves Sat 04-Nov-17 09:32:15

I started getting it done on a tattoo that I really hate. It hurt a lot and was expensive - I 'took a break ' after 4 sessions. That was two years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now