Talk

Advanced search

What's your favourite mascara?

(39 Posts)
Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 03-Nov-17 12:58:40

I need a new mascara. I've been using the maybelline one in the pink and green tube. It's ok, it doesn't smudge too easily but I'd quite like longer, thicker lashes.

What's your favourite? 😄
I'm used to spending under £10 for mascara as I don't wear make up every day so similar price bracket is good.

Bluesheep8 Fri 03-Nov-17 13:17:57

Rimmel wonderfull, the one with argan oil in, really conditioning and glossy and doesn't clump. Have repurchased 5 times which is a rarity for me! Highly recommend this

MinesaPinot Fri 03-Nov-17 13:56:43

Thanks to a couple of threads on here and a group I belong to on FB, I have discovered Maybelline Lash Sensations. Love it. Makes my lashes look so long, yet not too much for every day. Doesn't go clumpy, and it lasts all day. I'm very impressed.

Butterfly1975 Fri 03-Nov-17 18:22:12

Yy Maybelline lash sensation is very good. The bargain £4.99 Rimmel one is too - no clumping or panda eyes.

I really want to try the new-ish L'Oreal Paradise one as Sally Hughes in The Guardian was raving about it!

nong45 Fri 03-Nov-17 22:34:37

The Paradise mascara has a thick brush and clumpier than I’d hoped but it stays put all day and actually I do really like it. I usually buy Benefit Rollerlash which is great but Paradise is a definitely a good cheaper alternative.

BusterGonad Sat 04-Nov-17 13:34:56

My favorite is also Benefit Rollerlash but I also rate Rimmel mascara, any really.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 04-Nov-17 15:17:45

I bought a Kiko one (silver tube had fibres) that I really like.
My eyelashes are rubbish and need all the help they can grab

usernameinfinito Sat 04-Nov-17 15:32:49

Lancome waterproof. Only one that works on me.

hendricksyousay Sat 04-Nov-17 15:49:38

Kiko luxurious lashes .. was about £3..50 on offer and it’s fab . Usually around £10 but worth it !

hendricksyousay Sat 04-Nov-17 15:51:02

https://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-gb/make-up/eyes/mascara/Luxurious-Lashes-Extra-Volume-Brush-Mascara/p-KM0030103100144

onlyonaTuesday Sat 04-Nov-17 16:21:01

Lancôme Mascara... any of them are great.
If I need a budget one then I use Rimmel

Comedyusername Sat 04-Nov-17 17:38:43

I like No7 Stay Perfect Mascara - never smudges, runs etc but is much easier to remove than waterproof. I'm on my 3rd one. It's £13. Very similar to the Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara which I used for years

PerfumeIsAMessage Sat 04-Nov-17 18:17:51

Having always bought budget, then trying Benefit They're Real (don't, it's vile- instant gloopy clump) and then Lancome something or other, my boss this summer came back from Debenhams and I actualy thought she'd been and had a tint and extensions.

Dior Pump and Volume. it's £25 but I will never use anything else again. it is amazing. When I went back into school at the start of the new year, my 5th year girls were looking at me, and one went "what have you done to your face? It's different, your eyes suddenly look enormous"

Neonyellow Sat 04-Nov-17 19:22:20

Max factor 2000 calorie is brilliant

eloisesparkle Sat 04-Nov-17 20:26:52

Chanel Le Volume- nothing comes close and I've tried quite a few mentioned on this thread.
Expensive but so worth it.
If you like a tubing mascara Clinique's Flutter to Full is good.

YouWereRight Sat 04-Nov-17 20:33:41

L'Oriel Miss Hippie.

alwaysstressed Sat 04-Nov-17 20:36:14

Another vote here for Max factor 2000 calories

WellTidy Sat 04-Nov-17 20:41:07

I really like Benefit They're Real, but it's not in your budget and I know that some don't rate it at all. I like it though. It is a tubing mascara, and I won't use anything other than a tubing mascara now. All other non tubing mascaras smudge for me. So my advice would be, whatever our budget, to buy a tubing mascara that is within it.

eloisesparkle Sat 04-Nov-17 20:41:21

Max Factor 2000 always gets a mention but I wouldn't rate it at all.

MadgeMak Sat 04-Nov-17 20:44:48

I use max factor false lash effects waterproof. I really like it, gives full lashes without clumping and it doesn’t flake at all.

Elledorado Sat 04-Nov-17 22:58:38

I generally love Dior mascaras (will have to try the pump and volume thanks Perfume), but recently tried the LRP sensitive eyes mascara (the volume formula) and am very impressed. I wear contacts and most mascaras sting/smudge but this is very comfortable.

chatwoo Sat 04-Nov-17 23:15:10

I usually like Clinique Lash Power (it's one of those tubing mascaras so doesn't flake) but wanted to spend less this time around and got L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes (?), which is OK but I get panda eyes in the evening.

brapbrapbrap Sun 05-Nov-17 00:38:06

Well tidy
Can I ask what a tubing mascara is??

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sun 05-Nov-17 10:47:20

Yes explain tubing mascara!

Does it smudge less? Does that make it a bugger to get off again?

Ollivander84 Sun 05-Nov-17 11:30:37

L'Oréal paradise or max factor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now