Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a suitable bra - I've failed miserably!!

(11 Posts)
3girlsunder3 Fri 03-Nov-17 09:54:59

I'm trying to find a black bra to wear under a low cut dress.
According to the intervention method I am a 34gg which fit well (but do cut into the fat above the band on my back behind my armpits ).
The central underwires come up high on everything I've tried, and plunge bras just dont fit me right as I end up bursting out of the top of them. 3 kids, breastfeeding and age have taken their toll!
Please can anyone suggest a suitable bra to try?
Thankyou

3girlsunder3 Fri 03-Nov-17 21:55:45

Anyone please?

MrsMoastyToasty Fri 03-Nov-17 22:01:14

Try going up a band size to 36 and down a cup size to G.
Other than that try as many different brands as possible. I favour ones by fantasie and always wear full cup bras.

furryelephant Fri 03-Nov-17 22:08:04

I love Curvy Kate smoothie or Freya deco ones, bravissimo do a new one where the gore is quite low but I think it might be a Plunge!

bluebiro Sat 04-Nov-17 10:22:25

Panache Tango Plunge is worth a try - not as plunge-y as others. I can’t get on with most plunge bras either but can wear this.

KatharinaRosalie Sat 04-Nov-17 10:57:48

This is not for everyday use, but I have a solution that I used myself with similar issues - need a low center but falling out of plunges. Get a plunge bra and some kinesiology tape. Tape the boobs - not to the bra, just pull them from middle to upwards and sideways, so the middle part stays nice and firm. Does that make sense?

Lucked Sat 04-Nov-17 11:15:13

Watching this thread as since breastfeeding I fall out of plunge bras and pretty much have to wear full cup, I going to try the panache bra mentioned.

IrritatedUser1960 Sat 04-Nov-17 11:17:55

What a fantastic idea Katharina, my ancient boobs fall right out of the middle of plunge bras so I'm definitely going to try the tape on a big night out!!!

IrritatedUser1960 Sat 04-Nov-17 11:20:42

JD Williams always works for me. I add padded strap supports sometimes which you can get on Amazon for extra confort.

www.jdwilliams.co.uk/shop/bra-cup-size-gg/plunge/bras/lingerie/1/_/N-1z13cyrZ1ytvx1b/products/show.action?promo=6210&spv=true&type=cmr&hnid=11192601

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Sat 04-Nov-17 11:23:29

Go to Bravissimo and get fitted. Best thing I ever did. I had the same problem as you where my measurements didn't seem to tally with what fitted. I recommend the Elise bra too. I have it in two colours.

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 04-Nov-17 11:36:22

Bravissimo satine is just about the only bra I can wear these days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now