Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Stan smiths

(8 Posts)
questionbasket Thu 02-Nov-17 19:57:31

Are the Velcro ones perfectly acceptable, or actually quite tragic?
I'll be wearing them with cropped trousers, jeans, long skirts and dresses.

endofacentury Thu 02-Nov-17 20:09:53

Better suited to kids imo. I love Stan smiths but only the lace up ones 😊

questionbasket Thu 02-Nov-17 20:30:41

Eek- kids. I didn't think of that. The reason I asked was because I thought they look like what an older person would wear. They remind me of trainers my grandad used to wear.

taybert Thu 02-Nov-17 20:57:42

I’ve got some velcro ones because they were the colour I wanted and they were cheap. Sometimes I look at them and think they’re fine, other times I think they look like I ordered them from a magazine that comes free with a weekend paper. They’re comfy though.

TheTurnOfTheScrew Thu 02-Nov-17 21:00:32

i love my stans, and did want the velcro ones, but when I tried them they gave me clown feet, so I ended up with lace-ups.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Fri 03-Nov-17 02:38:26

I think they're cute. I bought a pair actually but my size 9 wide feet did not look good in them.

CremeDeSudo Fri 03-Nov-17 12:01:16

I love Stan Smiths - I've already decided they're my next trainer purchase. I'll defnitely be trying on the velcro ones first and if they don't give me clown feet I will be buying them!

CremeDeSudo Fri 03-Nov-17 12:02:49

I love Stan Smiths - I've already decided they're my next trainer purchase. I'll defnitely be trying on the velcro ones first and if they don't give me clown feet I will be buying them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: