Talk

Advanced search

How can I make my hair less frizzy?

(14 Posts)
absoluteLee Thu 02-Nov-17 14:31:24

My hair used to be quite smooth and sleek without much effort but since I’ve had my dc my hair is like straw! I’ve tried different brands of shampoo and conditioner which claim to make hair less frizzy but they haven’t worked for me. I’ve also tried frizz ease and coconut oil with no success. I would love to hear any tips on how I can get my sleek hair back smile

VioletShmiolet Thu 02-Nov-17 19:52:41

Bumping for you as my hair was exactly the same pre DC. Makes me wish I appreciated it then as it's so frizzy now hmm

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:27:46

The best products I've found for frizz are Kerastase Ciment Thermique and Kerastase Ciment Anti-Usure. I try other things every so often to see if I can find another holy grail but these two are my saviours.

Mulberrysilk Thu 02-Nov-17 20:41:39

Babyliss big hair.

AhAgain Thu 02-Nov-17 23:36:10

Do you have your hair coloured? If you do, then Olaplex with the colour.

Agree that the babyliss big hair helps me too.

aaandherewego Fri 03-Nov-17 10:35:20

Ah, I have this. It's quite smooth after I've blow dried it, but the next morning it's like straw and is a big frizzy mess.

I'm on the hunt for a good treatment and hopefully one which isn't £££!!

I probably need a good 6 inches off, but I don't suit short hair.

Watching with interest ...

KarlosKKrinkelbeim Fri 03-Nov-17 10:39:13

At the pricey end Philip Kingsley elasticizer is great. At the cheaper end Schwarzkopf oil-Licious is great and can be used on dry hair too in between washes

RavingRoo Fri 03-Nov-17 10:40:53

Try a loc treatment. So pre-shampoo put a thick oil into your hair (coconut oil is good). After shampoo, when hair is wet, put on leave in conditioner, serum, then dry it under a microfibre towel.

GhostCurry Fri 03-Nov-17 10:49:20

Is it the texture, or the length that is the problem? I wondered fr ages why I looked so unkempt, and it was because I had those short hairs all over my head (my hair recovering from that post-partum hair loss). Looked like a teenager again, not in a good way.

In which case the only solution is to wait. Or go very short.

Helplesshair Fri 03-Nov-17 13:22:22

I have this problem too, and went for a consultation yesterday at a new local hairdresser. She suggested a new Keratin treatment which apparently makes hair glossy but doesn't knock the volume out, it's pricey though at £200 but lasts for up to 4 months if you take care of it with non sulphate/silicone shampoo. I did some research last night and reviews are positive. It's a lot of money though, trying to weigh up whether it's worth it. I would need a cut colour too so could end up dropping £300! As someone who's never had to bother with much other than a cut every 3 months or so it feels like a lot but my hair is awful at the moment. I 'd love to hear if anyone has tried this.

Helplesshair Fri 03-Nov-17 13:26:17

Should have also said that I've spent a fortune on hair masks etc. I didn't find the Phillip Kingsley elaaticisier that good. I do like the Percy and Reed Wonderbalm and Swell serum but they only really last for the day (if it doesn't rain!).

cupra Fri 03-Nov-17 13:34:06

My hair was like straw & gone frizzy driving me mad! Eventually hairdresser suggested keratin treatment €95 my hair is so easy to manage now. Blow dry & quick run of straighteners! Best money I ever spent!

Haribogirl Fri 03-Nov-17 14:31:17

Hi
I’ve had the keratin procedure

I’m menopausal and since this my hair as changed dramatically
It used to be so sleek, and could wash and leave and it would still be poker straight
But now within 5 mins of washing I can see it fizzy up!

So I paid about £200 for it, you can’t wash it for I think it was 3 days
It takes about 1.5 hour and they use straightener irons.
It did look shiny, but nobody noticed in my family including sisters

I havnt had it done since.
I just use straightening irons

Sunnyshores Fri 03-Nov-17 14:43:06

The keratin treatments are amazing. Also called Brazilian blow dry in some places. I think my frizzinesss is due to grey hairs as it seems to be more on the top than anywhere.

Ive had it done at Essensuals/Toni and Guy for the last 6 years, about £180, it has lasted 4 months (6 until my hair was back to its completely frizzy self).

We've just moved and I had it done earlier this week at an Aveda salon. They say it lasts 3 months and it cost £130.

I think its fantastic, I can go out in drizzles now and not come in with a frizzy nest. Also in the summer when its humid it stops frizziness. I dont use straighteners and on in the early days I can even go without blow drying my hair. It honestly saves me hours a week and looks good with very little effort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now