Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weekend in Paris

(4 Posts)
whiteonesugar Thu 02-Nov-17 14:25:21

Luckily my DH is working away in Paris in a few weekends and has suggested I go out to meet him on the Saturday and we stay until Sunday. We're currently living in my DFs house while our new build is completed and he's agreed to have our DS. I am super excited!

What does one wear in Paris in the winter? I have been once and it was August so was really warm. I have recently bought a lovely coat in a soft grey ;

www.newlook.com/uk/womens/clothing/jackets-coats/grey-longline-collared-coat/p/524443802?comp=PDP-Color-Swatch

So will probably wear that - but what else? I have skinny jeans in black and blue (light and dark), long sleeved crew neck tops in black and white, Chelsea boots in oxblood leather or black suede, various scarves. So I thought for travelling I coud wear skinnies, Chelsea boots and a long sleeved top with my coat and a scarf – will this be warm enough once I’m there? Do I need a thin jumper and where can I find one? and what bag?

We’ll go for dinner in the evening – do I dress up? Or just change my shoes to heels and a different top? I am 5ft 4 and a size 10-12 with boobs and a big bum. I want to look effortlessly stylish.

Dress me Mumsnet!

polyhymnia Thu 02-Nov-17 17:19:44

The weather there is very similar to here( London), so, unless it gets much colder by the time you go, you might be too hot on the metro, in stores and galleries, in a winter coat. A raincoat or parka would probably be a better bet.
Unless you've booked dinner in a top 3 star Michelin restaurant or snooty hotel, no need to be very dressy. I usually just wear a different top with my jeans/ cigarette trousers, perhaps with a necklace. I personally would still be in flats too, as we like to walk a bit after dinner, enjoy Paris by night and have a nightcap in a nice cafe!

whiteonesugar Mon 06-Nov-17 21:51:28

The coat is quite light. I don't have anything else other than a more spring like mac, which I'll freeze in if it's anything like here!

Cool, I have some lovely necklaces so will just take one of those, excellent!

BradleyPooper Mon 06-Nov-17 22:09:40

Lived in Paris for 5 years, in winter it feels like the coldest place on the planet. Something to do with the basin of the Seine trapping dampness. Shops, museums and cafes are all heated of course so a thick coat, hat, scarf and gloves are a must.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now