Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Best dewy foundation?

(21 Posts)
fuckinguseless Thu 02-Nov-17 14:16:49

I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser during the day, but need something with a little more coverage for going out in the evening or when I need to look a bit more polished (neither of these things happen frequently, but there you go).

I have pretty normal skin. Looking for something that lasts well and gives a lovely glow with medium coverage. Not matte. Budget not an issue for the right product.

I’ve tried LM Candleglow which was too wishy washy, and I really didn’t like Nars Sheer Glow either.

Any suggestions? Off shopping tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Smashpumpkin Thu 02-Nov-17 14:28:10

Giorgio Armani luminous silk is amazing. Good coverage but dewy at the same time.

fuckinguseless Thu 02-Nov-17 14:31:31

Thank you @Smashpumpkin - I’ll have a look at that one.

SilverAndCold Thu 02-Nov-17 19:04:57

I've been trialling a sample of YSL Touche Eclat foundation today and have got on well with it. Glowy without being shiny. Have also heard the Armani Luminous Silk is good- although unless you have a Selfridges you'd have to guess at your colour and order online.

fuckinguseless Thu 02-Nov-17 19:07:07

Oh bugger - was hoping they might stock it in John Lewis.

SinglePringle Thu 02-Nov-17 19:08:54

I love the old faithful Mac Face and Body.

Tip - if you want a light coverage, put it on with a brush. Want more? Put it on fingers and lightly pat your hands before applying (with fingers). Gives stronger coverage. Make up artist (proper TV professional one) taught me that and it works!

Buildable both ways.

NoStraightEdges Thu 02-Nov-17 19:08:57

When I was well off (read no kids) I used the YSL foundation and it is gorgeous. Really dewy, lasts well and once you et the knack with the brush, a dream to apply.

Now I'm skint I use Maybelline dream satin and it's nice-dewy, easy to apply and lasts but my only complaint is that it transfers to everything-coats, collars, phones, other people. But at £8 a bottle (and cheaper if you get it on offer) you ant have it all, can you?

Pancakeflipper Thu 02-Nov-17 19:10:32

Nars do one that takes years off me!

Pancakeflipper Thu 02-Nov-17 19:11:20

Oops - sorry missed the important bit about you not liking Nars.

SilverAndCold Thu 02-Nov-17 19:24:10

John Lewis sell it online only unfortunately- which is rubbish for me as I refuse to buy foundation without sampling as I have an awkward skin tone! Definitely give the YSL a whirl though.

fuckinguseless Thu 02-Nov-17 19:51:30

Thank you all - looking into all of these flowers

YY to the Maybelline one; I’ve tried that before I think.

IheartNiles Thu 02-Nov-17 20:03:33

By Terry is nice, I like a light coverage. You can get it in space nk.

ApplesTheHare Thu 02-Nov-17 20:06:12

Chanel vitalumiere is incredible. Lovely and dewy, lasts all day and doesn't cause my sensitive, dry AND spot-prone skin to flare up. A good dupe and the best budget foundation I've tried is Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation but it's slightly heavier and doesn't last nearly as long.

Delatron Thu 02-Nov-17 21:24:35

Second Giorgio Armani luminous silk. It's the best I've ever tried and I always go back to it..

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Fri 03-Nov-17 02:32:56

Agree with Luminous Silk.

Also drugstore - Bourjois City Radiance

Quodlibet Fri 03-Nov-17 02:45:38

I was gonna say Chanel Vitaluniere too. Didn't get on with the Bourgoise clone, but the Chanel one is excellent.

SuperBeagle Fri 03-Nov-17 02:51:04

I don't like the new reformulation of YSL Touche Eclat. The old one was a lot better.

Chanel Vitalumiere breaks me out, so wouldn't recommend that. Very odd, as the only other foundations to break me out are NARS and Tarte.

I liked the Armani Luminous Silk one, but my favourite is Dior's Diorskin Nude.

KeiraTwiceKnightley Fri 03-Nov-17 04:49:01

I used to use Touche Eclat but they stopped doing "my" colour. Bought a no7 one the other day and it is pretty good - slightly glow, nice coverage, stays where it was put. Lift and luminate is its name. £18 but on 3 for 2 so got other bits as well.

PorridgeAgainAbney Fri 03-Nov-17 05:50:37

I use Body Shop fresh nude foundation. You can build coverage or keep it fairly light. I also mix a drop of their drops of glow into it so I end up with a more dewy effect as matte just doesn't suit me (at my age) grin

Housewife2010 Fri 03-Nov-17 06:20:41

I've just discovered the new Estee Lauder Nude Waterfresh Doublewear. Lovely , light and dewy. I got a sample from their counter and I'm on my second week with it.

allfurcoatnoknickers Fri 03-Nov-17 10:32:54

Becca Aqualuminous! If you want to look super glowing, use the primer too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: