Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cheap skincare on a budget

(20 Posts)
gillybeanz Thu 02-Nov-17 14:07:06

looking for a good cleanser, toner? do I need one, and moisturiser.
Preferably the same brand if possible.

Most I try can work but leave either a sticky or greasy residue.
I'm over 50 with dry skin so would love a thick creamy moisturiser.

Please recommend me something to brighten me up a bit and moisturise my skin.

Jnetmummer Thu 02-Nov-17 14:15:25

Superdrug vitamin e range is good and cheap. Elemis and Liz Earle are good as well but cost a bit more

gillybeanz Thu 02-Nov-17 14:18:08

Thank you, I'll give these a try.
I'm willing to try anything as skin feels so dry atm.

Kolonya Thu 02-Nov-17 14:25:31

The ordinary! Dirt cheap and high tech too.

MrsMyreton Thu 02-Nov-17 14:38:26

Agree with @Jnetmummer Superdrug Vitamin E range is great.

Ponds Cold Cream cleanser is still a fave of mine. smile

Doreah Thu 02-Nov-17 14:39:21

Micellar water is amazing and you get it from the pound shops. I use Original Source toner, can't remember how much it cost but it lasted me ages (like a year or so) so however much it was, it was worth it.
Body shop vitamin E moisturiser is fab and if your budget can stretch to it they do a facial peel thing (£18 for a largish bottle but you use it once a week and only a small amount) and it makes you skin feel amazing and really glow.
Nivea and Dove moisturisers are really good too. Quite thick so best as a night cream.

MeadowHay Thu 02-Nov-17 18:15:45

Good cheap brands:
Nivea, Vaseline, Simple, Superdrug's own brand ranges including their 'B.' range.

SilverAndCold Thu 02-Nov-17 18:54:36

This range from Superdrug is great on a budget. Lots of makeup artist/columnists like Sali Hughes etc rate it highly too. I like the hot cloth cleanser and the glycolic toner (which is apparently a dupe for the Pixi glow)

SilverAndCold Thu 02-Nov-17 18:54:50

www.superdrug.com/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant/c/superdrugnaturallyradiant

Candlelight234 Thu 02-Nov-17 18:57:12

Micellar water is cheap and suitable for sensitive skin. Nivea soft as a moisturiser. I also use Aldi eye gel too.

strawberrysodasmiles Thu 02-Nov-17 19:30:11

I've just switched recently to the garnier range and love it so far!!

shouldaknownbetter Thu 02-Nov-17 20:09:15

!!! at the mention of Elemis to someone asking for cheap skincare!!

Jnetmummer Thu 02-Nov-17 20:42:40

I didn't read the title until I read that comment grin ignore the elemis comment!

Orangebird69 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:45:01

Superdrug Naturally Radiant range is brilliant and has everything - hcc, acid pads, serum/moisturiser, eye creams. And they're always half price or 241.

Fairylea Thu 02-Nov-17 20:45:57

Garnier products are very good - either their micellar water or their clear pore wash are fab (I actually use one after the other but I have oily skin...!)

Astral cream is a great budget moisturiser.

gillybeanz Thu 02-Nov-17 21:14:39

Oh that Garnier Rose looks lovely and I've lots to choose from now.
I think I'll just have to try them all over the next year to find the right one.

I did used to use Nivea, but it was a bit greasy and felt wrong so I stopped using it and didn't replace.
Got so fed up of crepey dry skin so I'm going to stick with it this time
thanks for your brilliant suggestions.

Ttbb Thu 02-Nov-17 21:16:25

Beauty Pie! Their clay cleanser is amazing and they have a good range of serums and moisturiser and the it's very cheap!

dermahelpinghand Fri 03-Nov-17 06:39:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Ktown Fri 03-Nov-17 06:42:29

I love eucerin, the ordinary and no7 for skin care and will buy these above anything expensive. Every time.
I now save money and spend on make up

Almahart Fri 03-Nov-17 06:47:11

Waitrose Pure range hot cloth cleanser is the best I have used an is incredibly cheap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now