Talk

Advanced search

Mulberry Tessie Hobo

(20 Posts)
Dancergirl Thu 02-Nov-17 10:54:23

Does anyone have this bag? I've lusted after one for some time, I know they've stopped making them now but one has come up for sale.

I'm just dithering a bit now because I'm wondering if it's too big. I'm a small framed 5'3" and I don't like bags that swamp me.

How do you find it size wise?

Dancergirl Thu 02-Nov-17 11:03:50

Also I'm a bit worried about spending a lot on a bag that I can't see and try beforehand.

I also like the small Freya which is current stock, although a lot more money.

jenandjess Thu 02-Nov-17 14:33:52

I have it Dancer. It’s perfect for me. I don’t absolutely stuff it so it always has a nice shape, sits well on my shoulder ... I love it. What colour are you thinking of?

Dancergirl Thu 02-Nov-17 14:41:14

I love the oxblood! What colour do you have?

BusterTheBulldog Thu 02-Nov-17 14:43:03

Ive got the Tessie satchel in oxblood. I love it! It’s a really versatile colour. You could always resell if you don’t love it when it arrives.

Dancergirl Thu 02-Nov-17 14:43:23

jen from the pictures I've seen, it looks like it fastens with a magnetic closure then the top bit sort of folds down, is that right?

jenandjess Thu 02-Nov-17 15:58:22

Oxblood here Dancer .. really versatile colour and so rich. Yes, it’s a magnetic fastening and then the top of the bag folds down on itself. It really just falls into shape though I sometimes give it a tidy up! I remember you posting about this bag before and you’ve waited ages ... could you buy it and sell it on if you find you don’t like it?

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Thu 02-Nov-17 16:03:47

I have the Oxblood too. Absolutely love it - it goes with everything, though I didn't use it over the summer.

I'm not sure they do the Oxblood anymore and I got it from Bicester, approx. £250 cheaper.

Go for it!

jenandjess Thu 02-Nov-17 16:06:32

Oxblood here Dancer .. really versatile colour and so rich. Yes, it’s a magnetic fastening and then the top of the bag folds down on itself. It really just falls into shape though I sometimes give it a tidy up! I remember you posting about this bag before and you’ve waited ages ... could you buy it and sell it on if you find you don’t like it?

Dancergirl Thu 02-Nov-17 16:45:48

Thank you. The one I'm looking to buy is new and the seller is looking for £460.

jenandjess Thu 02-Nov-17 17:20:07

That’s a bargain <enabling>!

gunsandbanjos Thu 02-Nov-17 17:23:13

That’s not an amazing price. It’s ok but not great.

Dancergirl Thu 02-Nov-17 19:04:26

Oh I don’t know. Not sure whether to get it or wait to see if small Freya will go down in Mulberry’s sale.

gunsandbanjos Fri 03-Nov-17 07:37:00

Freya will definitely go in the sale.

gunsandbanjos Fri 03-Nov-17 07:38:32

I think Tessie is nicer though.

I’m a big Mulberry fan, have about 10 though mostly older styles as the new stuff is massively overpriced and I hate pretty much everything from the new artistic director.

Dancergirl Sat 04-Nov-17 13:02:54

Seller will accept £400 so I'm going for it smile

jenandjess Sat 04-Nov-17 13:19:25

Brilliant! Be sure to come back and tell us whether you love it!

iLoveSundaysMe Sat 04-Nov-17 13:29:00

Sorry to be a Debbie downer but are you sure it’s brand new? This was discontinued a while ago (I think) so not sure how they eve got a new one?

I’m sure it’s fine but may be worth double checking?

iLoveSundaysMe Sat 04-Nov-17 13:30:36

IGNORE ME! got the wrong style....as you were and enjoy the bag.

Dancergirl Sat 04-Nov-17 14:13:06

I'm buying from someone on one of the Mulberry Facebook groups, hope it's ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now