Talk

Advanced search

How often to get highlights done?

(16 Posts)
WishIwasinStarsHollow Thu 02-Nov-17 09:23:46

It's expensive! But I've got greys and I love having them done. Still can't tell the difference between half head and full head blush which to get and how often to keep maintained?? Thanks!

TSSDNCOP Thu 02-Nov-17 09:25:10

Full head to start, half head every other cut (6 weeks here).

cleanandtidy Thu 02-Nov-17 09:56:50

I was hoping to stretch it to 2/3 months?
I don’t have grey roots - l just have a few strands of silver. I am gradually going to go lighter. I hope my plan works... l can’t afford to go more often.smile

cleanandtidy Thu 02-Nov-17 09:57:45

Mind you, lm thinking l won’t need a cut each time - so l guess the highlights on their own, won’t be so bad.

zzzzz Thu 02-Nov-17 10:00:26

I’ve been umming and ahhing over weather to do this too. I have very dark hair and more and more white hairs sprinkled through. I thought I might creep towards blonde? Is that workable? ££s are less of an issue than time. How long would it take?

AnonEvent Thu 02-Nov-17 10:02:12

I have a balayage (highlights on the lower portion of my hair) as it’s more forgiving and I get mine cut and coloured every 8 weeks or so. Not many greys, which is useful.

TSSDNCOP Thu 02-Nov-17 10:33:10

Well my hair is v short, so the mid-colour cut "lifts" it so I only need colour every 12 weeks if you see what I mean?

cleanandtidy Thu 02-Nov-17 10:41:48

Makes sense TS smile
I think l’d better see how my first appointment goes - and see what the hairdresser recommendeds.

WishIwasinStarsHollow Thu 02-Nov-17 10:50:47

Thank you! Think I'll try for full head then half head every 3 months .. when do you then get a full head done again though?

buggerthebotox Thu 02-Nov-17 10:52:49

I have to grow mine out completely otherwise my hair falls out!

mrsvilliers2 Thu 02-Nov-17 10:52:57

OP generally a full head every year, then you can alternate half head and t section as you like. T section is just the top bit of your hair so useful if you have any grey roots coming in at the front but the rest doesn't really need doing.

cleanandtidy Thu 02-Nov-17 10:53:28

I honestly see why embracing the grey is a viable and sensible option! grin

WishIwasinStarsHollow Thu 02-Nov-17 14:35:37

Thank you mrs smile

tehmina23 Thu 02-Nov-17 14:42:45

I have a t section or half head 6 weekly as a rule. I have some silver strands at the side of my forehead which are annoying but blend in with the highlights luckily.

Doobigetta Thu 02-Nov-17 18:29:55

I get a good 9 months out of mine- I asked my colourist to choose colours pretty close to my natural shade so the regrowth isn't obvious, and it's fine.

ZenNudist Thu 02-Nov-17 18:36:27

I do 8-9 weeks but i mix dark shades in and try and keep it natural.

I only have half head ever anx some right underneath if its summer and i want to wear hair up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now