Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Would you wear this?

(21 Posts)
TealStar Thu 02-Nov-17 08:02:31

Gulp.

It’s green. 😱

I only wear black and grey...

That said, I have had my colours done and this is one of them.

I can’t stop looking at it. It’s by Muubaa

TealStar Thu 02-Nov-17 08:02:53

Doh

Pic would be good...

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Thu 02-Nov-17 08:04:06

Yes, I like it. But I never wear black (well except tights, underwear and shoes!)

AnnabelFan Thu 02-Nov-17 08:05:55

Yes! It's gorgeous!! I love the colour and the style..and would look brilliant with any black stuff you've already got smile

TealStar Thu 02-Nov-17 08:09:10

Thanks guys. I’m just a bit concerned that it’s too ‘Karen Millen’ for me... my usual style is a little more relaxed than that; think Hush or Baukjen!

HundredMilesAnHour Thu 02-Nov-17 08:09:47

The colour I would wear (I have a work dress this colour actually) but that might be because I've been going through a green "phase" for the last year!!! For some reason I'm now transitioning to blue (no idea what goes on in my brain).

I get where you're coming from as I also wear a lot of black (with some grey / red). It's nice to mix things up with a pop of colour though.

The actual jacket I'm less keen on. I'd be more inclined to buy a more classic colour when spending a lot on a leather jacket as you'll get more wear out of it in the long run.

TealStar Thu 02-Nov-17 08:14:27

Hundred, yes I think that’s my issue. It’s quite a classic piece to be ‘investing’ so much colour in when I might go off it. Also I wouldn’t be able to wear it with any colour other than black or grey (and at a push, navy) because it will all be too much going on.

That said it’s £100, down from £365...

TealStar Thu 02-Nov-17 08:16:45

Mind you, I like this one too.

What’s happening to me 😱

Dowser Thu 02-Nov-17 08:25:15

It’s lovely
( in a world full of colour, life’s too short to only wear black and grey. Embrace it.)

AnnabelFan Thu 02-Nov-17 08:29:16

Not keen on the second one at all OP. The green one is quite Karen Millen looking but then I really like Karen Millen which maybe why I think it's gorgeous! If you're not sure on the style maybe keep looking for something less structured but in the as colour. It is a bargain...but only if you'll wear it happily!

AnnabelFan Thu 02-Nov-17 08:30:14

*same colour blush

TealStar Thu 02-Nov-17 08:36:32

Thanks Dowser and Annabel. The colour is beaut :-)

I’ve decided that it will probably be too tight on me anyway. It’s only available in my size and having read online reviews of Muubaa sizing, and knowing I’d want to wear jumpers with it, I think I’d want to size up.

TealStar Thu 02-Nov-17 08:37:10

It’s on Brand Alley btw, if anyone’s interested ;-)

Fresta Thu 02-Nov-17 08:43:53

If it suits your colouring then it's gorgeous.

What's wrong with Karen Millen- other than their weird sizing which means I'm always between two sizes and can never find anything that fits.?

PolkaDottyRose Thu 02-Nov-17 08:46:31

Lovely! I would wear it with my red Fly boots and enjoy the contrast smile

TossDaily Thu 02-Nov-17 08:48:22

They killed Kermit! shock

Only joking, OP, it's gorgeous. I'd wear it with a black maxi skirt and boots.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 02-Nov-17 09:02:01

It's lovely TealStar and would look fabulous with your black and grey wardrobe!

TealStar Thu 02-Nov-17 14:31:43

Lol Toss 🐸 yes it would look amazing with a grey roll neck, black maxi and boots.

Fresta, nowt wrong with Karen Millen - just a bit structured for me!

JesusTapdancingChrist Thu 02-Nov-17 14:36:15

I love it..I wear mostly black and that would add a fab pop of colour (hate that expression but it fits).

Am also coveting this one from Mango in the green/teal 😍.

Dancinggoat Fri 03-Nov-17 02:56:55

They are great. Go for it.

IlonaRN Fri 03-Nov-17 07:37:11

Beautiful!
Especially at the reduced price :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: