Talk

Advanced search

Work clothes in natural fibres that aren't too £

(14 Posts)
Sittinonthefloor Wed 01-Nov-17 17:51:46

Where?! Help! Been shopping today as I'm back at work after a decade of sham! All my old faves - jigsaw, Hobbs etc seem to be totally full of nasty synthetic things at a vast price! White stuff was a hell hole and as for sea salt... ! Yuk! Just want some skirts, thin, smart jumpers (pref roll or drapy neck) and tops to wear underneath all in navyboring colours. Dresses would be good too if plain enough!

millifiori Wed 01-Nov-17 17:54:09

Uniqlo for thin smart jumpers? Benneton or & Other Stories for tops in natural fibres?

Anatidae Wed 01-Nov-17 17:54:58

Following. Despairing at the total switch the viscose and modal that white stuff have undergone sad

Anyone got a link to a nice, smart, boat neck, 3/4 sleeve work dress? Pref a jersey but not a bodycon type..

MismatchedCat Wed 01-Nov-17 18:14:48

I spent today trudging up and down Oxford street looking for basics that I can wear to work (I need to stock up on plain tops in natural fibres). Anything 100% cotton is so thin you can not only see the care label through it, you can bloody read it too. I will not spend money on this rubbish!

I think quality has dipped to the point where it can't actually get much worse from here. Sorry OP, that I can't recommend anything, but I commiserate sad

IJoinedJustToPostThis Wed 01-Nov-17 18:16:27

eBay. Use search filters to specify the fibre you want, and go for new-with-tags if used clothing makes you squeamish.

fiorentina Wed 01-Nov-17 21:28:20

Depending how smart you need to be, Cos have natural fabrics, as do some of the bits in Uniqlo. I like M&S for some well designed shirts, even H&M had some great cotton smart tops lately, but it's so annoying that it requires so much shopping about these days. If your workplace is a bit less formal, Other Stories have some good cotton shirts and tops too. Bottoms are harder I find..

helterskelter99 Wed 01-Nov-17 21:40:38

All my work dresses are baukjen sale they wash well, hide bumps and keep their shape.

hecallsmebunny Thu 02-Nov-17 03:04:17

Uniqlo supima cotton tops are nice thick cotton. Wish they did scoop/v neck though! Also their merino jumpers nice and thin and reasonable price. Often get discount notifications by email

Fleurchamp Thu 02-Nov-17 03:56:13

I always used to rate People Tree and bought a few items from there, not cheap but decent sales.

I haven't bought anything from there for about 4 years due to being either pregnant on mat leave or "hoping to fit back into my old size".

Bloody hell it has become expensive but might be worth a look?

Stopyourhavering Thu 02-Nov-17 04:53:52

Seasalt have some gorgeous bamboo / organic cotton tops dresses
Not sure if they fit the bill for work, but they are so comfortable
www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk
I've just bought a load of stuff and very pleased with quality

Stopyourhavering Thu 02-Nov-17 04:57:06

Ah apologies see you've tried Seasalt...ah well....I commiserate too!

Anatidae Thu 02-Nov-17 07:48:31

This is rather nice - albeit pricey

m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-dresses/day-dresses/j0075-brd/womens-red-pop-holly-textured-dress

brogueish Thu 02-Nov-17 09:32:44

Cos, uniqlo, muji, some gap.

bathghter Thu 02-Nov-17 11:39:20

wrap and poetry
etsy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now