Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Thinning hair- age?

(4 Posts)
QueenieBaxter Wed 01-Nov-17 13:10:28

My hair has very recently started to thin. When I wear it in a ponytail, it is really noticeable, and I am feeling quite self conscious! I am nearly 42 and wondered if it is just an age thing, or if anyone knows any other reasons this might be happening? I take citalopram, and have my hair highlighted, in case either of those might contribute?! I changed my shampoo, as soon as I started to notice it, but that hasn't made a difference. My hair is currently just below shoulder length, so I might get it cut and see if that helps, but that is a last resort, so I just wondered if anyone has any suggestions first!

lovemylover Wed 01-Nov-17 20:48:02

HAVE YOU HAD A THYROID TEST, NOT SURE IF ITS UNDERACTIVE OR OVERACTIVE WHICH CAN CAUSE THINNING HAIR
I WOULD SEE YOUR DR
Sorry, caps on by accident

RedPanda25 Wed 01-Nov-17 20:50:03

Yes I second getting your thyroid checked too as one of the symptoms can be hair loss. Hope you’re ok OP!

QueenieBaxter Wed 01-Nov-17 22:03:53

Thank you both, I will check it out!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: