Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a style blogger/instagrammer who isn't rich and smug?

(52 Posts)
DelilahDarcey Wed 01-Nov-17 10:18:16

Every one I come across seems to have loads of money and is seemingly very smug about it.

Can anyone please recommend any style bloggers or instagrammers that aren’t like this?

I find it depressing to read the rich and smug blogs!

Honeycake50 Wed 01-Nov-17 10:29:35

Give us an example, who is rich and smug?

There are plenty out there getting paid a lot of money for their blogs (but I don't mind as they are helping me find my fashion mojo) but give us an idea of what you don't like so we can recommend..

DelilahDarcey Wed 01-Nov-17 10:37:21

Chloe loves to shop is one that springs to mind...

800msprint Wed 01-Nov-17 10:45:44

You want the frugality! Love her style

Honeycake50 Wed 01-Nov-17 11:50:32

Teaclutter is a good starting point
Susie so so

Loads more depending on your style. I don't like the rich and smug ones either

GlubGlubGlub Wed 01-Nov-17 18:56:45

40notfrumpy isn’t smug! I don’t think she’s rich either. All her stuff comes from the high street

Blondielongie Wed 01-Nov-17 19:22:10

Ikwym op. Rich, smug. Fresh flowers everywhere, everything white. Perfect husband with perfect amount of stubble. Perfectly behaved children. Loads of holidays.

Barefoot blonde is all of the above, but I still love her. 😂 love and envy! Frugal woods is a bit style, but she doesn't buy anything.

ephemeralfairy Wed 01-Nov-17 19:25:19

I like this lady:

thelittleplum.co.uk

MakeItStopNeville Wed 01-Nov-17 19:26:10

I really like Doesmybumlook40 who, although clearly very affluent, I don’t find smug. She’s hilarious!

Goldenboots11 Wed 01-Nov-17 20:09:58

A life to Style, really like her!

TheOtherGirl Wed 01-Nov-17 20:24:04

I like Myfashionable40s. Most of her stuff is high street. Also like natalie_jane_semmens too.

ephemeralfairy Wed 01-Nov-17 22:44:43

I love doesmybumlook40. She is very funny but I appreciate how honest she is wrt her son's ASD

applecrumbleandcream Thu 02-Nov-17 00:21:03

Have a look for Emma Hill. She is a blogger and also has a channel on YouTube. She has lovely style, a lot of it is designer but she's not smug (imo) just really funny !

applecrumbleandcream Thu 02-Nov-17 00:23:29

The vlog with her mum on holiday in Venice recently is hilarious !

I don't tend to read many blogs anymore, much prefer vlogs now.

Mrs9C Thu 02-Nov-17 12:11:53

Chloe loves to shop isn't smug in the least. She often tries on things in H&M and the majority of her wardrobe isn't £££. She may be well off, but I don't get any smugness off her.

A life to style is lovely as well.

WipsGlitter Thu 02-Nov-17 13:17:55

I was looking at one recently Deborah Brett - wow she must be LOADED!! Plus WIT and Anelli Bush seem to have very rich husbands!

Remember they’re deliberately only showing you the positives.

I love the Frugality even though she’s not very frugal really!

There’s one Laura Carlson that’s pretty much all high street.

Plus there was a big thread recently about how much is freebies as well.

AdiosPieceOfToast Thu 02-Nov-17 16:59:45

A load of them stayed overnight in John Lewis last night and did instagram stories etc about it, how amazing and exciting it was etc - but.. I don’t get it really, they’ve kind of lost me with it.

Hopefully Thu 02-Nov-17 17:42:38

I’m terrible at remembering the names of IGers I like! If you like classic style, Helenleeloves has a nice feed. 40notfrumpy buys mainly high st and seems lovely. The_mumdresscode is great for ‘younger’ style, have no idea whether she buys designer or not.

I actually prefer the ones who don’t buy masses but really use it (like helenleeloves) as it gives me lots of style ideas for a small wardrobe - I buy very few things but tend to buy ‘investment’ pieces when I do, so i’m always interested in ideas to mix up the same pieces.

i also have a really strict rule of unfollowing anyone who irritates me - my IG feed has to be 100% positive. If I feel jealous or annoyed, they are canned. I have unfollowed a couple of really big IGers (DMBL40, Erica Davies) because they were a bit too smug and irritating, even though the rest of the world seems to love them.

WipsGlitter Thu 02-Nov-17 19:02:04

Yes that overnight stay was very random!

OddMollie Thu 02-Nov-17 19:20:21

Hopefully you've just inspired me to do the same. I was crabby for an entire Saturday morning recently after reading ED's post about accidentally mixing up a bag of stuff she was going to sell with a bag for the charity shop, and therefore inadvertently donating a pair of expensive boots, and then IN THE NEXT SENTENCE, saying that the coat she was wearing in the photograph was a freebie fromJigsaw and she'd swapped the colour they originally sent her for a one she liked better. This after WAILING about how gutted she was about the boots and with no irony or awareness of how spoiled she sounded. It made me so cross! I agree that IG should be purely positive so I'm going to follow your example

Pomegranatepompom Thu 02-Nov-17 20:49:32

I really preferred DMBL40 before she became so commercial. I may unfollow, I'll take a look at the other recommendations too...

Mrscog Thu 02-Nov-17 20:52:31

Another vote for Emma Hill here, she’s so down to earth and lovely and I want to be her friend!

chloechloe Thu 02-Nov-17 21:14:24

I like Emma Hill too. And The Anna Edit is also lovely and really down to earth, she mainly posts about capsule wardrobes though.

WipsGlitter Thu 02-Nov-17 21:18:19

Blossoming Birds is good too.

And Life At The Little Wood (although possibly rich husband / family syndrome there too) is very high street if a bit twee.

MrsJamin Thu 02-Nov-17 21:24:53

I think she's probably medium rich and medium smug but I love following susiejverrill, she genuinely makes me laugh out loud, she's naturally very funny. I don't think her life looks that glam, I think she keeps it real even though she's Greg (long jumper) 's girlfriend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now