Talk

Advanced search

Invisible make up for post-op

(8 Posts)
cakedup Tue 31-Oct-17 23:44:02

I have uneven skin tone, prone to spots/blackheads and open pores. I'm 45 so throw in a few wrinkles too. Normally I wear a foundation which magics all my skin problems away.

However, I am having an operation soon and will be spending a while recovering. I doubt I'll feel like putting on make up, not at first, anyway.

So I'm looking at some miracle blurring pore vanishing skin tightening products, something I can slap on and amaze visitors with my radiant no-make-up skin.

Any suggestions? I've looked at a few but all have mixed reviews and now I have option fatigue.

kjhh Tue 31-Oct-17 23:54:13

La Roche Effaclar CC cream!! Works absolute wonders on days I don’t want to wear any makeup at all; it’s a little pricey compared to normal B.B. creams but it lasts for ages! Also has a very subtle tint in it that blends in with your skin tone. Really minimises pores and discolouration!

cakedup Wed 01-Nov-17 19:50:35

I will look it up, thanks kjhh . Although I'm not sure I want a tinted cream...as I'll be snoozing/resting quitea bit and don't want to get it all over the pillow or have to think about removing it.

hugoagogo Wed 01-Nov-17 19:55:05

My experience of recovering from an operation did not include makeup for a few days, then I just went for a wee bit of concealer.
I hope it all goes well for you.

ilovecherries Wed 01-Nov-17 19:55:18

I went through a gallon of YSL gold fleck blurring primer when recovering from major orthopaedic surgery. Is that the type of thing you mean? If I was feeling particular perky I would slap some bare minerals mineral veil translucent primer on top and add a tinted lip balm.

cakedup Wed 01-Nov-17 22:41:08

Ooh yes ilovecherries that looks very promising! Good reviews on Boots, only a few people said that it made their skin greasy/oily/shiny but I think they may have been using too much. I have a very oily T-zone so definitely don't need the extra oil. What is your skin type?

cakedup Wed 01-Nov-17 22:42:09

hugoagogo yes, exactly, I don't think I'll be putting on make up for a while. But to slap something on like a magical cream that doesn't make me look as shit a I feel would be nice!

ilovecherries Wed 01-Nov-17 23:10:00

My skin is probably tending towards oily. I didn't actually find afterwards that it was a great make up base, it was a bit slide-y but on its own it def made my skin look better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now