Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Stranger Things style

(6 Posts)
Jaimx86 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:49:58

Has anyone else been watching Stranger Things and wanting to recreate all of the outfits? I did a Nancy this weekend and work a turtleneck under a cable knit! The latest Louis Vuitton catwalk show gave a nod to Stranger Things, and the styling on the show is just amazing.

Nettletheelf Tue 31-Oct-17 23:26:18

Christ, no!! It reminds me of all the worst fashion mistakes of the 1980s. Especially Mike and Nancy’s mum.

merrykate Wed 01-Nov-17 00:20:29

Yes! Agreed! The styling on the show is amazing! Bravo for the Nancy look.

Dustbunny1900 Wed 01-Nov-17 18:02:32

I was marveling at how aging /frumpy the clothing Styles were (billy may be JUST hot enough to pull off the mullet and Canadian tuxedo look but would be pretty cringey on most).
I think there are a lot of 80s looks are ripe for a modernized redo (like full hair and brows, minus the crunchy aqua net. Or leg warmers. Or the rolled up boyfriend jeans on eleven)
The turtle neck under the sweater would be harder to pull off unless you’re going for middle-aged chic

Jaimx86 Wed 01-Nov-17 23:31:27

unless you’re going for middle-aged chic I thought that Nancy looked great! I think that the women in these photos look at lot better than middle-aged. I could watch the whole season again and just marvel at the styling. I agree Mrs Wheeler's clothing wasn't as good as some of the other characters.

Dustbunny1900 Fri 03-Nov-17 01:27:04

Yes those women look great and fresh/modernized , totally different look than Nancy’s ..it was more the fussy looking high neck sweater she had on with that print , and then the turtleneck with the puffy hair

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: