Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Any jersey or sweater dress recommendations this season?

(47 Posts)
upsidedown2017 Tue 31-Oct-17 11:39:53

I’m looking for a few ‘chuck on and go’ dresses. Any recommendations for dresses you might have bought recently?

hellswelshy Tue 31-Oct-17 13:33:57

Following with interest! I have been looking for the same op. There are a few I've seen - h&m thick jersey dress with pockets 19.99 in black and green, neither colour appeals to me, if only they had offered charcoal grey or navy!

MozzchopsThirty Tue 31-Oct-17 13:35:48

Me too
Following in hope

RubyWinterstorm Tue 31-Oct-17 13:45:16

I tried on the Hush ones (think they are called Cassie, plus another one) which were very unflattering on me

Am now contemplating buying Joules or Seasalt....but it is sooooooo un-fashionable!

like:

www.joules.com/Women/Dresses/Beth/Printed-Ponte-Dress/French-Navy-Christmas-Camellia?id=X_BETH34|FNCHRCM&icid=recentpdp

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/clothing/dresses-tunics/fit-flare-dresses/mouls-floral-vintage-dress.htm

someone stop me!!!

otherdoor Tue 31-Oct-17 13:48:53

ruby I LOVE that joules dress! Sorry that's not helpful!

DumbledoresPensieve Tue 31-Oct-17 13:49:11

Ooh following with interest! I need to replenish my winter ones. Hopefully this year it won't be impossible to find ones with a lower neckline than last year. Scoop or wide v necks designers please!

RubbishMantra Tue 31-Oct-17 13:55:30

I've been eyeing the Hush Cassie dress too. it looks quite tight in the arms though, (not keen on that look) and I wish it was more dropped at the waist.

MissSueFlay Tue 31-Oct-17 13:55:45

I tried on this one from Hobbs and really liked it - a classic jersey wrap dress.

I'm also considering getting this one now it's in the sale

RubyWinterstorm Tue 31-Oct-17 13:58:30

The Cassie was tight in the arms, well spotted. I am not that big of arm for a 14, but the arms were tight and the rest was oversized. I know it is meant that way. But hard to pull that look off, for a 45 yr old size 14...

Dumbledore, yes, the crew neckline is so unflattering. Much prefer scoop or V.

RubyWinterstorm Tue 31-Oct-17 13:59:28

The Hobbs one is so pretty! But too summery for me in Winter

DumbledoresPensieve Tue 31-Oct-17 14:11:08

The Hobbs one is nice. I like the Hush one too but just cannot wear that neckline.

RubbishMantra Tue 31-Oct-17 14:12:57

Oh, and I bought this one from Hush in the sale. Lovely soft quilted fabric and v. flattering. No pockets though. And this one from Esprit that's also all soft and cosy. Again pocketless.

hellswelshy Tue 31-Oct-17 15:46:02

Really like the Hush one you linked to RubbishMantra - did you get the ecru? It looks very white in the pics - how does it look in rl?

RubbishMantra Tue 31-Oct-17 18:18:29

It is white, but not a bluey white, a bone white I would say? Forest green was my first choice, and I kind of expected to send it back, but really liked it.

AsMuchUseAsAMarzipanDildo Tue 31-Oct-17 18:56:42

I ordered the Cassie dress in XS from Hush and it looked horrendous. I’m 5’3”, size 8, mid 30s. Maybe just my pear shape and height but the waist was massively too low.

Therealslimshady1 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:07:02

How come it looks nice on the model? What is the secret? No hips? Can't wear the Casie dress, looks hideous on me!

MozzchopsThirty Tue 31-Oct-17 19:20:58

Rubbishmantra I love that hush dress but there’s no size 10 in either colour sad

MountainDweller Wed 01-Nov-17 00:20:06

OMG how did I not know about seaSalt! I love their dresses. Considering the velvet tunic dress for Christmas. And they do plus sizes! Don’t care if deeply unfashionable grin Definitely going to order something. Can anyone tell me what the sizing is like? I am probably on the edge between their ‘normal’ and plus sizes, around a 20.

eyebrowseyebrows Wed 01-Nov-17 00:25:05

I just bought this one from Mint Velvet for my mini-moon in Iceland...it's very cosy and flattering

https://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/product/black-marl-batwing-dress/12484

haba Wed 01-Nov-17 00:25:26

Mountain dweller- I find them marginally generous, in that if I'm borderline size, I would size down in seasalt.
If you check the reviews of the items you like, people often comment about how small/large each item is size wise. smile

Lucked Wed 01-Nov-17 09:29:40

I like the look of this Cos merino wool dress. It also comes in green and it's a good price for merino.

RubbishMantra Wed 01-Nov-17 12:15:21

*@MozzchopsThirty*, just had a look and one's come up in the green in a 10! They must have had a return! (I don't work for them!)

MozzchopsThirty Wed 01-Nov-17 15:57:56

Still saying out of stock 🙁

Anatidae Wed 01-Nov-17 15:59:19

Following... preferably in natural fibres...

RubbishMantra Wed 01-Nov-17 21:30:57

Oh no Mozzchops! I was all excited for you as well!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: