Talk

Advanced search

Skin reaction after treading - wwyd?

(9 Posts)
Glamorousglitter Tue 31-Oct-17 10:08:18

Help

Got eyebrows and upper lip threaded last Thursday, and seem to have broken out in white headed pimples in area I had threaded (no where else on face) they re sore too,
Of course I popped a few and now they re worse.

What should I do to call them down ?

Should I go back to the place I had it done ? They never said anything about skin aftercare. I hadn’t been there before. Have had threading lots before but it had been a few months since this time.

Help please !

Ollivander84 Tue 31-Oct-17 12:19:50

Don't put anything on it, avoid touching it and keep it clean. I would maybe use a dab of pure aloe Vera

Glamorousglitter Tue 31-Oct-17 16:45:43

Went back and they were pretty non plusssed, said it can often happen. I m a bit annoyed as they never said it could happen and often does. I wish they warned me as I haven’t ever had a reaction like this before. I feel it s different to other times I ve had it done

Ollivander84 Tue 31-Oct-17 16:57:18

It's happened to me before but usually when I've accidentally touched my skin or forgot and put foundation on after etc
I do it myself most times now! And use antibacterial thread which seems to help

Candlelight234 Tue 31-Oct-17 21:40:22

I get this, as I have sensitive skin. I find sudocream overnight helps calm it. It is just irritation from the hair being pulled out.

Glamorousglitter Tue 31-Oct-17 22:23:24

Oh sudocreme - have some of that somewhere will try it. Thanks candlelight

Glamorousglitter Tue 31-Oct-17 22:24:00

Olivander- interested as to how you would try do it at home yourself ?

Ollivander84 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:32:55

Short version - I watched a YouTube video grin
Longer version - I watched several YouTube videos, bought some thread and realised it was fairly easy!

MinesaPinot Wed 01-Nov-17 09:12:12

I had this the first time I had mine done. I used aloe vera gel which seemed to calm it down. Lavender gel is also soothing I've found.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now