Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Warm, waterproof jackets needed

(5 Posts)
Absolutechaos Tue 31-Oct-17 09:09:17

Probably not a proper S+B topic but I am hoping that the shopping gurus can help. We are visiting Iceland and NY over Christmas/New Year and I need to find warm, waterproof jackets for my 2 teen DD's. To complicate matters, neither can wear down so we need synthetic. They both own waterproof 3 in 1 style jackets but these are hard to layer under with the fleece insert in and I don't think they will be warm enough with only a thermal base layer + fleece insert. I doubt they will wear them much in London (as they won't be "cool") so I am trying to keep the costs down (ideally below £100 per jacket - obviously if I can go lower, that is better!). Any ideas?

Austentatious Tue 31-Oct-17 09:10:45

there are some fantastic skandi brands for proper cold weather but (even on ebay / amazon for past seasons) the prices are very high - you pay for the technical fabrics etc. I suspect it might be worth finding out which are the best brands and looking on TK Maxx?

Absolutechaos Tue 31-Oct-17 13:23:12

Thanks - I’d forgotten TK Maxx

noshit Wed 01-Nov-17 21:56:01

If you have a Costco nearby, they have a great parka and north face padded jacket at the moment.

Justmuddlingalong Wed 01-Nov-17 22:00:00

I got a softshell jacket on ebay. It's quilted, windproof and the rain just beads off it. Brilliant buy at about £14. It's really warm even before lining it with a fleece etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now