Talk

Advanced search

How do you make your eyeshadow stay on?

(8 Posts)
swizzlestix Tue 31-Oct-17 05:19:27

I used to use Urban Decay Eye Primer which was great but pricey.
Can anyone recommend a cheaper product that does the job?
A friend gave me a younique eye primer but it was quite watery and didn't work at all.
Thanks

JesusTapdancingChrist Tue 31-Oct-17 05:25:39

This stuff.

Seriously. I'm a MUA and this is one of my favourite secret weapon products. Dab onto eyelid, blend and then apply a light layer of pressed powder before your eyeshadow. It's better than the UD primer imo.

PNGirl Tue 31-Oct-17 07:05:18

I haven't tried the above, but have tried loads of cheap ones and nothing works as well as UD or Too Faced Shadow Insurance which is a similar price.

BluebellGal Tue 31-Oct-17 07:20:52

My urban decay is a year old and I’m only just getting to the end of it (I use it daily) so I think it’s good value for money. It’s the only thing that works for me. I also use the sin version which is bronze and shimmery so can be worn alone

Auldspinster Tue 31-Oct-17 08:42:10

Nyx eye primer in the white tube is amazing and only about £6.

swizzlestix Wed 01-Nov-17 18:41:08

Thanks for the top tips, I'll look into them and I didn't realise UD did a shimmery version too. Keen to try the cheaper ones to see how effective they are. Really appreciate your help smile

cessie322 Wed 01-Nov-17 21:31:11

I'm another one who has tried loads. In fact I gave up buying them as they never worked. Then I got a sample of the UD one when I bought my Naked palette and I've never looked back. My eye makeup never budges. I'd be afraid to try another now! As another poster said I'm using one nearly a year now and there's loads left in it.

swizzlestix Fri 03-Nov-17 14:04:34

Hey Jesustapdancing, that Wilko eye primer is awesome thanks for recommending. Have you got any more bargainous recommendations? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now