Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

lip lines

(46 Posts)
lovemylover Mon 30-Oct-17 23:59:08

Anyone had filler in upper lip lines,like smokers lines, ? and how good was it

Arealhumanbeing Tue 31-Oct-17 12:55:38

Bump!

Hate my emerging bar code. I don’t even smoke!

LazyDailyMailJournos Tue 31-Oct-17 19:46:30

Watching with interest. I've never had anything 'done' but I have a really awful line emerging which almost cuts straight into my top lip - that's how deep it is! I don't want to look 21 again - I'd just like to not end up with a cats-bum mouth grin

donners312 Tue 31-Oct-17 21:19:32

Micro needling might help - more natural than filler.

Arealhumanbeing Tue 31-Oct-17 22:02:29

Thanks donners312

Will investigate.

lovemylover Tue 31-Oct-17 23:11:32

Isnt micro needling like derma rolling, tried that doesnt help

PrancingQueen Thu 02-Nov-17 01:30:13

Bumping again as my lip lines are terrible. My mouth looks like a cats arse.

justme93 Sat 02-Dec-17 21:04:44

I’m having this done on Monday and I’d be happy to share my photos / experience on this.

lovemylover Sat 02-Dec-17 23:46:39

Oh please do share photos,i am hoping to get this done in about a week, so hopefully settles for Christmas
Please say how long it took and if painful [or not]

justme93 Sun 03-Dec-17 08:12:12

Will do! I’m not going for lip fullness more rod myself of the lines. I’ve done my research and I’m hopeful.. but a little scared to! I’ve been told to take arnica tablets leading up to the procedure which I have been doing to help with the bruising. Appointment is tomorrow 😱

lovemylover Sun 03-Dec-17 09:44:30

Good luck I hope it turns out well,
I am a bit scared,as I had it done a couple of years ago,and the wrong stuff was put in, it was too thick,and took me until March to get it taken out, and it was from December,ruined my Christmas
Make sure you are given the right filler for it I was given Juvaderm smile which is lip filler, not lip lines filler,
Pleas will you say what the filler is called

lovemylover Sun 03-Dec-17 21:19:24

Are you having lips done too ,or just lines above?

justme93 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:09:13

I’ve made it quite clear I’m just after a subtle look to help erase the lines.. it’s the least amount put in apparently and used on the lines with a tiny touch to upper lip. I am feeling far more nervous about this than the botox the week before!!

justme93 Mon 04-Dec-17 11:34:22

Back from my appointment Belotero Balance was the filler used for the lip lines, far more painful than I’d anticipated however minimal discomfort now. A small amount used for the lines, then a little just around the lips. I’m confident in a couple of days when the redness has gone down I’ll feel more confident about my lips.

lovemylover Mon 04-Dec-17 20:41:19

Never heard of that filler,i will look it up, cant wait to see your results, have you got before and after photos, ?

lovemylover Mon 04-Dec-17 20:42:34

Forgot to ask if you have any bruising
Do yopu mind me asking how much it cost, might be different in each area of the country though

NocturneGmajor Mon 04-Dec-17 21:22:30

Yes Belotero Balance is my preferred filler for this, using the blanching technique. Quite satisfying to do, like airbrushing out the lines. But even with the lidocaine in the filler it’s definitely the most painful for the client

roobrr Mon 04-Dec-17 21:28:52

I haven't had 'lines' done but had it done in the same area to give my lips more definition. I am 18 months from my last lot of fillers and results are still lasting (I had 3 sessions done over a year so there was built up product) x

justme93 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:36:29

Bit swollen today so will do a pic again tomorrow then match them all together so you get a better idea.

lovemylover Mon 04-Dec-17 21:44:32

Look forwardv to seeing your pics, might give me a better idea of what i need ,

justme93 Tue 05-Dec-17 09:45:14

So this was yesterday before and after

lovemylover Tue 05-Dec-17 10:04:30

Oh they look good, my daughter had her lips done, but after a few days they looked back to normal, depends how much you have put in I expect, but you don't look to have any upper lip lines, not like mine anyway,
I looked up the filler you had, but it seems more lip filler than for upper lip lines, like smokers lines,
I wonder how yours will look after a few days? they look good now
Please do update after a few days

justme93 Tue 05-Dec-17 10:16:14

I will do another shot tomorrow and keep you posted. I do have a little redness/ bruising but nothing major. I’m actually quite pleasantly surprised. The lady I went to will see me again in 2 weeks, I have the option of having more if I wish at that point as she only did a minimal amount. The lines were faint but were driving me nuts so any change there is a bonus.

justme93 Wed 06-Dec-17 22:17:08

Looking good today .. pleased the redness has gone down and very little bruising.

lovemylover Wed 06-Dec-17 23:52:32

Still looking good, my daughters were back to normal the day after, she might not have had much put in though I will ask her,
It seemed a complete waste of money to me,

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: