Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you tell me your skincare routine please

(10 Posts)
Notreallyhappy Mon 30-Oct-17 21:50:09

I have combination skin but constantly getting pimples on my chin and around one side of my nose, like blocked pores.. any tips to help clear them up.
Use simple wipes morning and night but nothing else..x

OutandIntoday Mon 30-Oct-17 21:55:11

You need to be cleansing with something with salicylic acid in it to clear your pores. Cheap and cheerful and worth a try is Neurogena visibly clear blackhead eliminating- this one is a wash and a mask.
www.superdrug.com/2-for-£6-00-on-selected-Neutrogena/Neutrogena-Visibly-Clear-Blackhead-Cleanser-100ml/p/277158
I have a simple routine!

Notreallyhappy Mon 30-Oct-17 21:58:41

Thank you

YouCantCallMeBetty Mon 30-Oct-17 22:04:15

Wipes don’t really give you a proper cleanse. If you’re struggling with breakouts and blocked pores then maybe it’s worth doing a proper cleanse morning & evening. Any cleanser in the morning washed off with hot cloth/flannel and then a two step cleanse in the evening if you’re feeling really keen!
Look into things like glycolic acid and a balm or gel cleanser. They don’t have to be pricey ones.
Sali Hughes writes lots in her guardian column about various good cleansers & Caroline Hirons has a cheats guide to a really comprehensive routine on her website.

Botanicbaby Mon 30-Oct-17 22:10:04

I don't like those disposable wipes either. I use a hot cloth cleanser like Liz Earle when I can be bothered and their eye make up remover using a cotton wool pad then toner and moisturiser. I hate the superskin range though.

Whenever I get spots I just use plain old witch hazel dipped in cotton wool pads and I try to lay off sweet things for a while as I'm sure that's what causes them for me.

stopgap Tue 31-Oct-17 01:31:27

Acne-prone, but have flawless skin with work:

Sunday Riley oil cleansing balm
Swipe every other day with 2 percent salicylic acid wipes.
Nightly use a compounded cream of 0.05 tretinoin, hylauronic acid, and 4 percent niacinamide.
Sunscreen in the am, and hylauronic acid in the pm.

Notreallyhappy Tue 31-Oct-17 10:17:28

Thank you for your replys. I am now armed with scrubs and hot cloths to tackle the pesky outbreaks.

angrymummy2018 Tue 31-Oct-17 16:08:51

As others have said, you need to wash your face. Simple wipes just push the dirt and makeup around, they don't actually remove anything so your pores are clogged. Simple wipes (and wipes in general) are also full of crap that your skin could do without.

sunflowersandroses Tue 31-Oct-17 18:59:37

Clinique toner - INCREDIBLE. Have used it since a teen. High alcohol content so completely dries out any spots (need to use a good moisturiser with it). Once a week clay face mask, tone every night, moisturise twice a day, never sleep with make up on, lots of water.

eleanorofaquitaine Wed 01-Nov-17 13:21:58

I had been plagued by congested skin around my chin for months. I tried all sorts including Nip+Fab glycolic pads, Clinique Vitamin C regime, I was spending so much money with no success.

A couple of months ago I was away staying at a hotel with a massive magnifying mirror in the bathroom just in case I couldn't see how awful my skin was looking! In desperation I grabbed a flannel and used the hotel Espa soap followed by Neutogena Moisture Boost Micellar water.

My chin cleared up. Have continued since then and on the occasions I go into the office I get regular comments about how fresh and rested I look. I know this may not work for everyone but my skin now feels like it can breathe and appears hydrated. My make-up goes on much more smoothly which probably helps me look fresher too.

I now need to find where I can buy the Espa cleansing bar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now