Talk

Advanced search

Canada Goose or Lands End?

(13 Posts)
Nearlyadoctor Mon 30-Oct-17 09:16:41

I've been wanting a Canada Goose parka type coat for some time, I really like the Chelsea in red but it's an eye watering £725. Looking around on the internet I've found something similar in Lands End, Down expedition Parka which with new customer discount comes down to approx £161. It is a slightly longer jacket as well but unless I order I won't know if too long.
I know lots of MNetters rate Lands End and wondered if anyone had either and their views. ( I know the CG one is real fur and that's not an issue for me, I know it would be for others)

BubbleFrog Mon 30-Oct-17 09:25:13

I have a lands end down coat, the style is discontinued this year but similar to the parka. It is amazing and love love love wearing it. Their customer service is second to none and they have a lifetime guarantee. The expedition parka is very very warm so if you are somewhere with inclement weather it would work well.

OCSockOrphanage Mon 30-Oct-17 09:25:49

I'd probably start with Lands End on the grounds of economy and if it's not what you want, then go Canada Goose. Maybe also worth looking at the Schneider range, which is Austrian and somewhere in the middle price-wise, but I haven't seen the colours for this year and they tend to be "safe".

Nearlyadoctor Mon 30-Oct-17 09:27:18

Thanks Bubble I want to wear it in Finland next year, but also want to be able to wear at home in the uk in the winter ( I really feel the cold). How is their sizing?

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 30-Oct-17 09:29:50

Sizing can be a bit on the large size, but I find this useful for coats because I usually layer underneath. I have a discount code for 40% off -pm me if this is better than the one you have, if you decide to go ahead.

blueskyinmarch Mon 30-Oct-17 09:33:03

If you are going to Finland in the winter you will need a fairly long coat which covers your thighs. I would say that the Land's End one sounds better if it is longer.

CMOTDibbler Mon 30-Oct-17 09:34:56

I wear my Lands End parka in Helsinki quite happily over just my office clothes, and I've been cosy in it at -28C elsewhere

LindyHemming Mon 30-Oct-17 09:37:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cherrypie32 Mon 30-Oct-17 12:08:38

I wore my lands end down coat in Finland at Xmas last year and was toasty. It only got down to -5 although we were expecting a lot colder.

Unicorn81 Mon 30-Oct-17 18:28:44

If i won the lotto id buy canada goose otherwise for the uk lands end is a good compromise i think

buttwingsham Mon 30-Oct-17 20:18:03

Dh has a Canada Goose and while it's really nice he never wears it as he says it's too hot.
So maybe good for Finland but not so good for here.

Nearlyadoctor Thu 02-Nov-17 16:08:39

So feedback - Lands End Arctic Parka red xs arrived this morning. Very impressed with the quality especially as using the code MrsSchadenfreude kindly gave me it came down to £129. It definitely comes up large as I've had to draw the waist in quite a bit, whereas the Canada Goose I tried in Harvey Nichols was more fitted.
Will get DH's opinion tonight but as the LE one is £600 cheaper I think it's a foregone conclusion grin

Gingefringe Thu 02-Nov-17 16:30:42

You may want to read this before investing in a Canada Goose coat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now