Talk

Advanced search

Help! Return or Keep?

(20 Posts)
ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 04:00:15

I bought two bags from eBay from the same seller. Both are authentic.

I bought the light pink bag with the intention of dyeing it. However, it seems fine and I'm suddenly feeling chicken about dyeing (although I have ordered the dye!).

The other one is a Marc Jacobs Stam bag that's in good condition. I remember wanting one so much ten years ago - I guess my taste has changed.

If I return them, I'd be out probably around £70 (international seller) or so and get £400.

Return or just keep them?

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 04:03:22

Pics

whoopwhoop21 Mon 30-Oct-17 04:11:38

I'd return the Stam but kept the Balenciaga. £70!!! is it real?

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 30-Oct-17 04:14:38

Just based on taste I don’t like either of them.

Maybe the pink would look better a darker colour, what colour were you going to dye it to?

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 04:18:47

whoopwhoop21

£70 is the return shipping fee (estimate). I bought the Balenciaga for £210, preloved. Actually very very preloved.

They have been authenticated at the Purse Forum.

They were both preloved. The Balenciaga looks a lot better in that pic than in person. lol. I bought it because I was thinking of dyeing it to black. I chanced upon a Youtube video of someone dyeing her Balenciaga to black and got this stupid idea.

whoopwhoop21 Mon 30-Oct-17 04:24:24

doh that makes sense, still a great buy though! I have it black (one of the original editions) & I still love it 10+ yrs later.

So it will cost you £400 to return the stam?

whoopwhoop21 Mon 30-Oct-17 04:25:45

I would try & have a go at dying it even though it's a risk.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 04:27:49

Probably around £50 to return just the Stam. And get £210.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 04:28:42

I have it black (one of the original editions) & I still love it 10+ yrs later.

That's what I want!! The older leathers are apparently soooo much better than the ones after 2007.

whoopwhoop21 Mon 30-Oct-17 04:41:02

Didn't know that but it does have a lovely finish. It's actually probably more like 15 yrs old as I was obsessed with Kate Moss. If it makes you feel better the string things all broke off though!

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 04:55:17

Yeah apparently the Balenciaga bags from the earlier years can be sold for a lot more than the newer ones because the newer leather are thin, veiny, etc.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 04:56:21

I don't like the colour of the Balenciaga - but I love the giant hardware.

WomblingThree Mon 30-Oct-17 05:09:03

Why not just resell rather than wasting the return shipping?

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 05:17:06

Ok - I went to the post office and they quoted 43gbp

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 05:50:00

Why not just resell rather than wasting the return shipping?

I'd probably get the same, with eBay fees and paypal fees.

WomblingThree Mon 30-Oct-17 14:01:47

I didn’t mean on eBay. You can resell on lots of other forums or Facebook groups without any fees. Seems odd to want to waste £43 to send something back if there’s nothing actually wrong with it. You liked it enough to buy it in the first place, so will someone else.

ShesAStar Mon 30-Oct-17 14:26:02

I think you should post them both back because your tastes have changed and you probably will keep them in a cupboard and never use them.

Dailystuck71 Mon 30-Oct-17 19:59:47

I didn’t think you could return just for the sake of it on eBay. Is this a new thing or has it always been like that.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 20:02:27

Dailystuck71

The seller accepts return within 30 days. They're a business, not personal sellers. Also, here in Australia, it's mandated by law that returns are allowed.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Mon 30-Oct-17 21:55:36

ShesAStar

Yeah, true. I actually only use crossbody or backpacks now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now