Talk

Advanced search

Ugg boot style slippers?

(16 Posts)
Judydreamsofhorses Sun 29-Oct-17 21:53:48

My mum gave me some Ugg boots she’d bought for herself but then didn’t like about ten years ago, which I wore in the house as slippers. They gave up the ghost back at Easter, and I’m after a replacement now it’s getting colder. I want cosy sheepskin, mid-calf or ankle boot length, with a sole I can go in and out to the garden with, but I am loathed to pay Ugg prices for something which will never be worn further than the corner shop at a push. Any ideas?

Aderyn17 Sun 29-Oct-17 22:00:35

I got sone from fatface last Christmas. They are still in good condition. I don't wear them outside, except to go in the garden.
Also tkmaxx have had some good ones in the past.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 29-Oct-17 22:12:14

Thanks - I will check out Fat Face, and I hadn’t thought of TKM. I think I wore the Uggs as far as the wee shop twice in ten years, but I do want to be able to go into the garden, out with the bins etc.

chanie44 Mon 30-Oct-17 06:04:43

Costco sell their own version of Uggs which are real sheepskin and cost about £40.

Sammysquiz Mon 30-Oct-17 06:47:30

I have these and they’re fantastic - so warm and cosy, and have a proper sole.

Bit pricey, but they feel like they’ll last for ages, whereas usually I get through a pair of cheaper slippers per year.

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 30-Oct-17 07:12:59

Sheepers? Not ankle boots but sheepskin with a proper sole and £25 ish

Outlookmainlyfair Mon 30-Oct-17 07:15:43

TKMAXx - I got some for £30-£40, seem to be the same price as faux but real sheepskin, I can’t remember the brand but they are perfect for slippers. When I bought mine a while ago there was a large range in offer.

Thingvellir Mon 30-Oct-17 09:45:46

I’ve tried the alternatives and concluded nothing is as good as the real thing! I buy Uggs half price or less from the schuh outlet store

tehmina23 Mon 30-Oct-17 09:46:24

My ugg style slippers are from m&s

PNGirl Mon 30-Oct-17 11:27:23

I bought my mum some from here:

sheepskin.co.uk/shop/sale

Worth trying the discount section or the proper short boots are cheaper than Uggs.

MatildaTheCat Mon 30-Oct-17 11:52:27

John Lewis do them. They are scrumptiously comfy and cosy.

EraArils Mon 30-Oct-17 12:39:43

I second the Costco sheepskin boots. They are real sheepskin and look identical to Ugg boots. Also come in 3 colours: black, grey and chestnut. Cost about £30 and mine have lasted 3 winters so far and are still in good condition. I do have 2 pairs of real Uggs and apart from the labelling there really isn’t any difference. Great bargain!

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 30-Oct-17 18:50:34

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I’ve now ordered the Costco version which look perfect - sturdy enough to nip out to the garden in, decent enough to look presentable if anyone comes to the door, and not too £££. Hopefully nice and cosy too!

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Mon 30-Oct-17 21:52:25

Aargh, Costco are out of stock online and we don't have one within several hours drive.

Does anyone have any other brands they can suggest please?

Chanatan Wed 01-Nov-17 14:38:45

these any good?,I bought in 2 colours seem almost as the uggs I bought earlier this year.

thedevilinablackdress Wed 01-Nov-17 17:35:48

Celtic & co (used to be Celtic Sheepskin). I have the short bootee slippers and they've done me 5 years and counting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now