Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which beauty box?

(14 Posts)
Skarossinkplunger Sun 29-Oct-17 13:47:48

My rather lovely husband would like to buy me a beauty box subscription for Christmas, but which one? I’ve heard of Birchbox and I did have a flyer for another one which I’ve lost.

Does anyone get one? Can anyone recommend one?

BulletFox Sun 29-Oct-17 13:50:43

Check out whichbeautyboxuk.com, she does reviews of popular boxes so you can get a 'feel' for them.

Personally I love Look Fantastic. Lovely DH smile

Nifflerbowtruckle Sun 29-Oct-17 13:51:35

I bought my sister Cohorted box and she really liked that.

Skarossinkplunger Sun 29-Oct-17 13:53:20

That’s great. Thank you!

ZooeyAndFranny Sun 29-Oct-17 13:55:06

I have tried various but in then end you do get stuff which is irrelevant so I have stopped now.

inappropriateraspberry Sun 29-Oct-17 14:03:50

I used to get Glossybox, but found it a little repetitive. It may have changed though, since then. I also tried Liberty Star VIP box, which is a mix of fifty things - homewards, jewellery, accessories etc. Made a nice change from beauty products, and anything I didn’t keep made lovely gifts.

Baileystruffle Sun 29-Oct-17 14:05:09

It really depends on what yu prefer- skincare or makeup? Or a mix of both. Some are better than others depending on what you want from them.

I also think Qvc tili boxes are great, they are not a subscription but they are £20 each for 8-10 items, they do about 4 a year and you buy them as you want them.

Skarossinkplunger Sun 29-Oct-17 14:16:48

Ideally I’d like mostly make-up with a little
Skin care thrown in

BulletFox Sun 29-Oct-17 14:22:32

Depends on your budget, if you'd prefer makeup then Cohorted (higher spend) or Glossybox (lower) might be best.

I've only actually tried glossybox, mintd, look fantastic and latest in beauty (as a one off, they do different collections).

You can just google reviews of previous boxes and see which one you like the look of!

Abingdon Sun 29-Oct-17 14:23:00

Birchbox is heavy on skincare in my experience. They also regularly had issues with missing items each month, so I would probably look elsewhere.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread - I'm in the market for something to replace my Birchbox subscription!

Annabelle4 Sun 29-Oct-17 14:25:37

Watching with interest too. I'm going to treat myself for 2018 and have never tried any

bigfatfeet Sun 29-Oct-17 15:48:18

I currently get the Look Fantastic one - a bit hit and miss but good value overall - but I have my eye on the Powder beauty drawer which looks more makeup focussed. Just persuaded a colleague to sign up for it and she's very impressed so far!

Unicorn81 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:02:46

Ive tried birchbox and look fantastic, they were ok but ended up giving stuff away. Got the last tili box (3monthly i think) and loved everything in it! Defo recommend tili

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 29-Oct-17 21:07:03

I really like powder box

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now