Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I be trying to grow a pixie out AND the dye out?

(5 Posts)
ChipInTheSugar Sun 29-Oct-17 13:40:02

I decided two haircuts ago to start growing my pixie cut out; that coincided with yet another decision to stop dyeing it.

BUT, now I’m thinking I should have kept having it cut short until all the colour is out?

Opinions please! Also opinions on what, if any, colour I could re dye if I can’t hack the grey. I think anything close to my natural brown looks too blocky now.

SukiTheDog Sun 29-Oct-17 14:01:45

I think your grey shade will be lovely once through and it won’t take long with the pixie style. I’d keep the pixie and let the colour out first, keep your grey shiney/silvery and then see where you’re at, in terms of growing it. It’s going to look lovely, I think. Persevere

ChipInTheSugar Sun 29-Oct-17 14:07:42

Thanks Suki - I think I just need to avoid mirrors for a while grin I’m leaving longer between trims too, and obv having less, if any, off the top so that last bit of dye could be hanging round for a while ...

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 29-Oct-17 16:49:32

I was in your shoes , growing out henna and a pixie.

The henna is long gone, I got more grey...........but I hated it sad

I'm still on short hair but longer than a pixie , I got it cut short at the back/sides but left the top longer and thinned out a bit.
For colour I got a 6.0 ,semi-permenant my hair is dark brown but I didn't want it too dark .
It worked out well, needs dyed again (soon)
Planning to let it grow a bit more and decide from there. Bit stuck for ideas , I don;t do clips and headbands.
Might well go shorter smile

ChipInTheSugar Sun 29-Oct-17 17:22:36

That sounds really similar! I’d only be dyeing at home though so am concerned that it looks too much dyed brown - I do subscribe to the theory that it gets harsher against skin as you get older (I’m 50) - so have been toying with using a lighter colour than a 6.0 (even though my brows are still beetle-black! I think I need to get back in the chair and go short-short ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now