Talk

Advanced search

If you are a natural redhead with fair skin what lip colour do you use?

(8 Posts)
zippyswife Sun 29-Oct-17 09:24:02

I’m a dark auburn/red-brown colour with fair skin freckles green eyes. I really want a few more interesting lip colours- berries/red but just don’t know what would suit. I’m shackled to my youngest and there’s no chance he’d allow me to get a make up counter for real life advice. Any ideas?

MismatchedCat Sun 29-Oct-17 09:30:31

It's going to depend on your skin tone. Are you cool or warm?

I've got dark auburn hair, freckles, green eyes and very pale warm skin.

I look best in red and coral. Can't do anything too orangey though, and cool colours - berries, plums, fuchsias, icy pinks, blue-toned reds all make me look ill.

zippyswife Sun 29-Oct-17 09:32:50

I don’t know if I’m cool or warm. Is there an easy way to tell? My skin is pinky rather than yellow.

MismatchedCat Sun 29-Oct-17 09:39:20

You're probably cool if your skin leans towards pink instead of yellow.

Do you look better in white or cream? Silver or gold jewellery?

zippyswife Sun 29-Oct-17 09:44:05

I think (but I’m not sure) that I look better in white than cream and I wear silver jewellery over gold but I don’t know if that’s just because I prefer it rather than it looks better on me!

TheEmpressWears Sun 29-Oct-17 10:29:08

shades that others consider too brown!!
I am a deep autumn though, white ages me 50 years.

rubybleu Sun 29-Oct-17 10:59:07

Rose toned lipsticks suit me really well. I’m a blue eyed redhead with neutral to warm toned skin.

My very favourite lipstick is Capricious by MAC.

m.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/13854/52596/products/makeup/lips/lipstick/lustre-lipstick#/shade/Capricious

GoldenWorld Sun 29-Oct-17 11:19:08

I'm similar to you - strawberry blonde/red hair, green eyes, fair skin (no freckles though).

I tend to wear pinky/red colours. No idea about skin tones and all that but I really like the lipsticks in Urban Decay's Vice range. I have one in their Cream selection called EZ that I've had loads of people comment on. I saw someone the other day who I hadn't seen for months and she still mentioned that lipstick. grin So may well suit you as well.

They're expensive though - cost about £15!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now