Talk

Advanced search

Soap and glory

(15 Posts)
screamativemom Sun 29-Oct-17 00:57:26

Hi all, is this good stuff? Never used before but I am thinking about getting some for my daughters Christmas. She is quite sensitive to cheap stuff so need a reasonable alternative , she is 13 x

Chimichangaz Sun 29-Oct-17 08:14:28

I love most S & G stuff but not sure how good it will be if you’re sensitive as it’s highly perfumed. Could maybe get a small travel set to try first?

Around Christmas they usually have a good deal in Boots with a huge gift set half price at £30ish.

Whisky2014 Sun 29-Oct-17 08:15:00

Packed with shite

screamativemom Sun 29-Oct-17 12:56:22

Maybe travel size is the way to go?

RubyWinterstorm Sun 29-Oct-17 13:00:53

I like it, but it is NOT a sensitive skin brand!

If you say "sensitive to cheap stuff" what does that mean? Does she get a rash from any particular ingredient? I am sensitive to certain ingredients, but they can be found in cheap and expensive stuff!

Annabelle4 Sun 29-Oct-17 13:38:11

I like it, but anything I've ever tried has a very overpowering smell.

I think it's the last week or two before Christmas when the gigantic set is half price in Boots. I still have things left from Christmas 2 years ago.

Ellybellyboo Sun 29-Oct-17 13:40:30

My DD loves it, but has terribly sensitive skin so can't use it.

Dontfuckingsaycheese Sun 29-Oct-17 13:44:01

I love it but if using in the shower I can't use it on my foof. Only stuff it has problem with. Any other stuff cheap or pricey doesn't ever worry it. I love to use it though as love the smell and a real treat.

Unicorn81 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:09:02

Some of the smells are a bit much tbh and one of the bubble baths really itched my skin (not sensitive) so id go for something else or like you say get a couple of travel sizes first

screamativemom Sun 29-Oct-17 16:20:30

Anyone tried the makeup range? Might get her that smile

dressinblack Sun 29-Oct-17 16:42:43

Their chunky eyeliner pen is brilliant ☺️

MeadowHay Sun 29-Oct-17 19:35:23

I like their makeup range, especially the 3-in-1 concealer compact, Sexy Motherpucker lipsticks and their mascaras. I have eczema and sensitive skin and have had a problem with a few of their bath products but none of their make-up. Obviously everyone is different though.

Noeuf Sun 29-Oct-17 20:26:31

It seems a bit old in its marketing? Sort of pitched at middle aged people trying to be young and cool? That’s the market I think of, people who would buy Benefit stuff maybe? I buy Benefit and tried S & G but didn’t like it and I’m in my forties.

My teen likes Body Shop, Lush, MAC, Sleek (v cheap), and Revolution - is now 18 but been consistent in this since age 12.

PNGirl Sun 29-Oct-17 20:37:41

I like their eyeshadow. But I also like Makeup Revolution eyeshadow. They do some great pallettes similar to the Urban Decay Naked pallettes.

Ladybirdbookworm Mon 30-Oct-17 00:11:43

Always gives me cystitis
Really over perfumed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now